EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

656 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they took two weeks to get back me. First, I talked with HR person who scheduled phone interview with manager the same week. The following week I was invited for onsite interview in NYC headquarters, to have multiple 1:1 interviews with manager director and senior managers.

The HR and hiring team was very respectful and friendly.

I did not get the offer but even if I had got I had doubts I would like to work in consulting environment. Nevertheless, the overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Quantitative questions related to my professional experience and specific examples. Certainly, they were few behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was on campus. Once you get their they will have three to five greeters available to chat with you and inform you about your interviewer. They are just their to get rid of your nervousness. Chat with them, ask them for their experience.

They will respond after a week. Then, if selected, second interviews will be held two to three weeks later at their office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you held a leadership position.   1 Answer
    • Use 3 words to describe yourself.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your work experience.   1 Answer

Advisory Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews: one on-campus, the other one on-site. The first round is more like a behavioral interview, but the second one is pretty technical. They focus on very single detail you have on your resume, so be prepared cause asking anything on your resume is a fair game

Interview Questions

• They may ask technical questions you never heard before. But don't be panic. Just tell them you don't know the background and they are always nice to explain the background knowledge.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds in total. 1st is on campus. 2nd is office visit. You will meet great people. Profession and personality are both important. Follow your heart and you will make it.

IT Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Secaucus, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

Approximately five total interviews facilitated by an in-house recruiter and HR contact within the company. Long 5 week process that felt very thorough and focused on personal questions to get to know you as a candidate as well as a technical dive into your skill-set. In the end, it is a very great interview experience to be part of. I found the interview process to be challenging but I was well prepared. I researched potential interview questions, questions listened on this website, and specific technical items to keep in my head.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle difficult people to work with in other departments? Although this wasn't a difficult question, it is a common topic in larger corporations where you might come across other employees who might be difficult to work with but you have to build relationships with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I provided them with my current salary and what I was hoping to make early in the interview process. When I was offered a position, they went slightly above what my asking salary was which was unexpected. No need to negotiate but they did seem to do their homework on the value of specific jobs.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview, during college career fair, with an actuary and was invited to super day in Chicago with 20+ other candidates for summer internship program. There were 3 interviews in total, (1 case study, 2 behavioral + informational interviews). Felt pretty good after the interviews. All interviews were with mangers and/or senior managers.

Interview Questions

• The case study was the most tricky part. Had 5 minutes to read a 3 page document which was basically a proposal to start a rewards program for a credit card company. There was a brief 2 line mention of 'actuarial review required for the benefits...' towards the end of the document. The manager started the conversation by asking about those 2 lines (which I didn't get the chance to get to in the short time) and basically went on about it. It was tough, but I think I came through   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got a phone call within couple of hours of the interview - was asked for location preference (NYC. Chicago, Boston or Philly)

Advisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

There were several phone interviews with HR and Business specific management before passing to the "Super Day". The Super Day is a 4 part interview. 1 Part with HR, 3 parts with managers and senior managers that you could potentially work with after joining the firm.

The questions are pretty standard, they ask about your background, types of projects you have worked on, level of clients you were exposed to in the past.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were really standard and based on your past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me everything I asked for, which was a very generous offer.

Advisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is selective and in the beginning is very behavioral in nature. It is important to be knowledgeable about the company and have a genuine interest in EY with specific reasoning as to why it is attractive compared to other similar opportunities. Also, it always helps to have someone on the inside who is well respected that you can reference in an interview as vouching for your work ethic and character. Get your CV in using a current employee as a recommendation and greatly boost your chances at landing an interview. Ask whoever recommends you to invite you out to meet some others so you can gather more information and have additional names to drop of people you reached out to to learn more about the firm.

Interview Questions

• What is consulting? (If applying for Advisory make sure you have a grasp as to what a work day actually entails and not the glamorized "House of Lies" lifestyle)   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with an HR representative asking very basic information regarding previous jobs, salary expectations, current salary, etc. Week later phone interview with a Manager. It was in-depth conversation with some behavioral questions and some technical questions. They want to get a sense of whether or not you like this particular field and whether or not you would fit in their team. One day later HR rep scheduled a superday at the NY office. 6 1:1 interviews with managers, directors, and staff. Standard behavioral questions, but they really dug deep on technical questions. I couldn't answer most of the technical stuff because my knowledge and expertise is simply not up to their level, but they just want to see how you react to these types of situations. They are looking for enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Two weeks later I get a phone call from the hiring manager explaining that they liked me a lot and the feedback was very positive and they continued the job offer process for about two more weeks of filling out paperwork and various forms. About four weeks after I interviewed at the superday they email me the offer letter.

I went over and beyond with interview preparation and research. I honestly do not think I would have gotten this far without going at least 110%.

Interview Questions

• What exactly do you do at your current job? It appears you do little to no analysis with the model.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but I assume the more experience you have the better your chances are, but EY is a very structured company so salaries at each level have minimums and maximums, so be prepared and you should expect what you deserve.

Staff, Financial Advisory - TAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I have interviewed in college in on campus recruiting drive. I have intimated in a week saying, that I have been selected for Big day in NYC. I got the final result in 4 days.

Interview Questions

• Case study. They give you a case in real world financial situation. And they expect you to answer the questions regarding that.   1 Answer