EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

628 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

I already new the Partner involved, so contacted him directly. From there I had one phone interview with HR and then within a couple of weeks they flew me to NYC for the interview. It was all very casual, and non-technical. Really all about my intr personal/ consulting abilities, and where I see myself going.
    I had lunch with the partner - discussions around potential opportunities and growth. Altogther had 4 interviews of 45 minutes each. Got the offer within 3 weeks of the interview - all very professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe experiences with tough clients and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Information Technology Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Very nice lady to talk with, the interview went quite well compare to other big four I interviewed with. No tough questions, talked about the interviewer's personal life too and she was happy to share. I feel EY is a good firm to work for because all their people seem to be friendly.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

First round was on campus with a recruiter. Four days later I got invited back for an office-visit (i.e. second round). I got nervous at first because everybody kept stressing "fit", "dedication", and "know what's going on in accounting". However, the actual interviews were pretty laid back. I had one with a manager and another with the partner.

The day started off with a presentation of E&Y Career as well as all the candidates introducing themselves. Then everyone was assigned to an escort who takes you to the interview location. After the interviews, you go to lunch with your escort and that pretty much concludes the day. I got a call the very next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a teamwork experience where you had to help out your teammates.   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenge you faced that required immediate reaction.   Answer Question

FSO Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

One on campus interview, second round interview in office.

People were great really friendly. Asked a few behavioral questions. Just be yourself and you'll do fine. Go prepared with insightful questions.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends say are most annoying about you?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Iselin, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

I interviewed on campus and less than a week later I was invited for a second interview. Received offer the very next day. It was a very excellent experience. Loved every single person I met

Assurance Full-time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

one on one interview at the school, followed by a second round interview at the office. Day consisted of ice breakers with other prospective employees, followed by two, back to back, 30 min, one on one interviews with a partner and manager. Lunch with newly hired staff members and then an exit "interview" to confirm details. Great friendly people and great environment.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied through my school and had an on-campus interview (1:1). Pretty standard behavioral interview, nothing fancy. Made it to 2nd round in NY and had two 1:1 interviews with a manager and partner. All very nice people. Still, only behaviorals. Went out to lunch with staff members and was treated to a sushi lunch (on their tab of course). Great day overall. Got the offer two days later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with failure?   1 Answer

Performance Improvement Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Received a call through E&Y's corporate recruiter and talked over the phone for 10 minutes. Then I was scheduled on call with a senior manager. One week later based on the positive feedback I was invited to 5 Times Square to meet with 2 other managers and the practice leader (partner level). The interview were pretty easy since no tough technical questions were involved.

Interview Questions

• What are your major responsibilities on your current job?   Answer Question
    • Analyze the profitability of a commercial insurance company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much space for negotiation for this level.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Secaucus, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a phone interview with HR. Phone interview is mostly about your resume and work experiences. Invited for a 1:1 interview with a Director and Assistant Director. Interview itself is not that bad, so long as you really know what you wrote in your resume. Friendly atmosphere and I did not feel intimidated

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't get the chance to negotiate

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

The 1st round interview was pretty basic. The interviewer only wanted to learn about me as a person and my experiences, to see if both were a good fit for the position. Asked me questions like, what was your favorite class and why did you choose your major? What did you do at your previous jobs?