EY-Parthenon Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY-Parthenon Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at EY-Parthenon

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY-Parthenon (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Parthenon came to my university for an info session. Were very open and transparent about their work, different from most strategy consulting firms. Highly touted their "smart, nice, driven" reputation and small firm feel, short projects, national firm development events. First rounds held in office, two interviews with two cases and some behavioral. Second round consisted of 5 interviews, 3 cases, typical resume-based, why consulting questions. Case questions were the most difficult part. Be approachable and friendly ("nice" reputation") but also polished and very professional. They may come across as laid-back in the interview but they are not looking for the same in their candidates.

Interview Questions

• Case question: expanding a small business run in the city (SF)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY-Parthenon

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY-Parthenon (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Parthenon held an info session on campus, which I attended. Everyone I met was extremely friendly and also seemed really smart, which figures, since their tag line is "smart, nice, driven". Biggest takeaways: Parthenon seems to care a lot about recruiting people with high analytical aptitude (not necessarily just well practiced case skills) and fit.

Interview Questions

• The first round was 2 cases either over the phone or in-person - we could choose which we wanted. Second round was 4 interviews, 1 behavioral, 3 case (two short, one longer one).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY-Parthenon (Boston, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

On campus recruiting process is as follows: 2 first round interviews - usually one with a longer case, followed by a super day of 4-6 more in depth interviews with more senior members, including a partner.

Interview Questions

• Help a local business decide whether or not to use Groupon. How would you help them understand whether it's worth it and the pros and cons of using the service?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY-Parthenon.

Interview

I submitted an application online. I was contacted for an interview a little over a week afterwards. Interview process involved 2 one on one interviews that consisted of one case study each. Interviewers were very friendly and helpful.

Associate Interview

Interview

Did not make it through the first round. 2 back-to-back phone interviews, one consisting of only a 20 minute case, the other mostly fit/behavioral questions followed by a short market sizing problem. Both interviewers were very nice, supportive. Questions weren't too difficult, but I stumbled a couple of times. I suspect you have to ace these questions to move on.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY-Parthenon in October 2014.

Interview

The interviewers were pretty rote in their lines and the type of information I discussed with them. They were professional but I could tell they'd done quite a few of these over the course of the day.

Interview Questions

• None- they were pretty cookie cutter market sizing questions   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY-Parthenon.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few weeks later regarding a first round phone interview. Phone interview consisted of two rounds, behavioral fit and case study in the first, and a longer case study in the second.

Was invited back to a series of interviews at their new office at NY. 1 group case, 2 case interviews. Group case interview was great. Case interviews were pretty challenging.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY-Parthenon.

Interview

Got the interview through university career center. After resume drop, started with a phone interview, pretty quick about 20 minutes. Then in person interview at Boston. Two hour interview in total, 2 with principals (between 3 and 8 years at Parthenon), a partner and a someone from HR (who had started there as an Associate).

Interview Questions

• You're opening a food truck in Boston. How would you present your proposal to a board of investors? (pros, cons, revenue, costs, location etc).   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY-Parthenon in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard with a typical market sizing question and fit questions combined into one interview and one standard 30 minute case. Not too surprising and nothing unexpected. Interviewers were nice even if they seemed a bit detached. Overall, I pretty decent experience but nothing to write home about.

Interview Questions

• What is the total cost of ice cubes on domestic flights per year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at EY-Parthenon (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university's career center. Got a first round interview which was back-to-back 30 minute interviews. One behavioral (with a quick market sizing question at the end) and one case. Neither was terribly difficult. I heard back that night that I got a final round interview at their office for 5 days later. Final round was a 30 minute behavioral with a partner, a 30 minute case with a consultant, and then the group interview. For that there were 5 of us in the room, plus a senior associate to watch us and answer questions. They gave us a 30 page packet filled with information and we had an hour to go through it all and make a 10 minute presentation to a panel. I heard back the next day that I got the job.