EY Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Tempe, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

The evening before the interview there was a meet and greet with some of the interns and professionals of EY. It was a great chance to meet them and get to talk a little more in a more casual setting. The interview process consisted of two back to back 30 minute interviews. In the first interview, I was mostly asked about items on my resume and asked if I had any questions about the program. In the second interview, I was also asked about my resume and was asked three to four behavioral questions as well. They notified me within a week about being invited to the externship.

Interview Questions

• What was one time when someone criticized you and how did you respond?   Answer Question

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

Typical college interview process. The first interview was casual, looking to see how you fit in with the employees. They also held several socials events during the week of interviews--two dinners and a football game. The final interview was at held at their offices. They have you do a small case study that takes roughly ten minutes. The rest of the day is full of other interviews and lunch with the team

Interview Questions

• Explain to me what you believe a consultant at EY will be doing, and how does your experience make you a good candidate   1 Answer

Money was the deciding factor to not accept the position.

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Tempe, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

The entire process was very calm and easygoing. The interviewer basically asks questions mainly about the resume and questions on asking you to expand on your experiences that you have on your resume.

Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied through my university and was then invited to pre-interview dinner before the big day. I had my interview the next day and they informed me that I would be making a visit to their office two days later. They took us all out to bowling the night before our office interview and the following interview was extremely informal. If you make it the office visit, you have a 90% chance of getting an offer. They also do case studies, but I truly mean it when I say you shouldn't worry about it. Received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions. Walk me through your resume. Nothing too intimidating.   Answer Question

Negotiation

EY is one of the few companies who pay their interns at the same rate as their full-time employees. So while on the surface the offer may look really good, it really is considered average for full-time.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

On campus recruiting consisted of an initial interview with the primary campus recruiter. After passing the first round of interviews, the second interview was with a manager or senior manager which lasted approximately 30 minutes. If you pass the first two rounds then you will be invited to the office visit to meet with other mid-level employees and a partner for final interview purposes. Offers are usually extended within 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a complex problem that you encountered and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Staff - Risk Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process involves two interviews. The first interview consists of behavioral questions and the second consists of an office visit interviews with two people and a case study. The night before the interviews they take you out for a social. The socials are also part of the interview. The employees are looking for how you present yourself and relates that to the recruiter.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

Recruiter was very friendly and timely in communicating with me. As soon as the recruiter had more information regarding my application process, it seemed like she contacted me immediately. Overall, the whole firm was very receptive and welcoming. I never felt like they thought they were better than me, but seemed to genuinely take an interest in getting to know who I was.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. The interview pretty much just wanted to see if I could hold a conversation and if I was genuinely interested in the job.   Answer Question