EY Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2017

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Paris (France)).

Interview

4 entretiens : RH, 2 opérationnels, Directeur associé, Associé
Il s'agit d'un processus basique de recrutement, oraux avec les responsables de l'équipe visée.
Le but étant de valider les compétences, l'adaptation au poste et à l'environnement, la mobilité, la motivation, l'implication dans le travail.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the website, received an email asking for dates available for phone interview,
    We agreed upon a date and time,
    received a call from recruiter and discussed the position by phone
    cut off in mid interview

Interview Questions

• What is my current salary?
      Why do I want to work for EY and leave my current company?
      What do I do in my current role?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was a long process, Submitted resume, it took about 3 weeks to get a call from the HR team. then set a phone screening. That took about 1 hour, the contacted a one week later for a face to face. Had 3 separate face to face interviews over two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style? How do you handle difficult situations or people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

went back with a counter offer and it was accepted ...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial Phone screen with Recruiter asking for location constraint, salary expectations and other basic screening question. This was followed by a 30 min phone interview with Hiring Manager all in a weeks time.

Interview Questions

• Basic Project Management Questions. Reasons for a Project to Fail   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied via the company careers portal and had received an email some weeks later from one of the Asst. Directors of Talent recruiting requesting a phone interview.

The interview was of standard nature and the interviewer was very pleasant. As the phone discussion concluded, the interviewer stated that she had a few more candidates to interview and that I would receive a response back within the week.

I did receive a personal email response back from the interviewer stating that after a "difficult decision" process, they decided to move forward with other candidates.

Shortly after, I noticed on LinkedIn that there was a posting for a Project Manager position at EY with a remarkably similar description of the position I had interviewed for. When I had contacted the Assistant Director back inquiring about the similarity, she had explained that this new posting was indeed the same position I had interviewed for and that they had re-posted the position under a different name. Additionally, she said the position was filled with an internal candidate.

I would have appreciated a bit more honesty on the firm's part regarding open Project Manager positions at EY rather than going through the motions of wasting candidate's time when they already knew they were going to fill the position with an internal candidate. Not a very positive representation of the firm's culture.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Was called for a telephonic interview; Subsequently was called for a F2F interview and post the discussion had a HR interview where I was told I cleared the interview and I would have to have a discussion with the Exec Director and the Partner before being given an offer. A week and half later, I got a call asking to be available for a discussion with the ED. After waiting for an hour from the scheduled time, I tried reaching the board line numbers from where I got the call, but in vain. The number in BLR is never answered. Finally HR called me next week and told me that his team will schedule time with the ED and get back to me. Its been a week since, but no response and the HR is not even responding to messages. Quite appalled at the attitude of EY HR to prospective employees. While its understandable that an ED has a lot at stake, its the recruitment team to keep the candidates informed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

It was for a contract PM role through a firm, 1st phone interview the person was a no show, so I wasted 30 minutes sitting on a conference call that no one bothered to cancel, 3 days later I have a phone interview and was requested to come in for a face to face within a week. The hiring manager was fair and respectful, but then I had to interview with a guy who would only be my peer and the man seemed insane, he was so offensive and aggressive. In all of my professional career I have never been spoken to in that manner. He was foreign and maybe his communication style is just different, his tone and how he processed information was something to behold. He apparently has the PMBOK memorized and wants the candidate to quote it exactly as it's written or he feels you don't know what you talking about. It was the worst experience of my life. The man was all but yelling at me and saying I didn't ask you that answer my question. If I wasn't there on behalf of staffing firm I would have gotten my stuff and walked out, because I don't allow anyone to speak to me in such a degrading manner.

Interview Questions

• Why would I only want to be a contractor. I was interviewing for contract position, so I was really thrown off.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very quick, Got a call and face to face interview was scheduled next day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview started with a detailed telephone screening, next was a phone interview with a hiring manager, just looking more into my back ground. I have the feeling my resume was too "bouncy" for them as i have worked contact many places in the last 4 years. Next was a video conference as I was working out of town and this was set up in their NO Office. Finally, a colleague 30 telephone interview.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

Arms length from recruitment agency - only bothered if money in it for them. Not treated as a human being with respect

Interview Questions

• What was your favourite subject at school and why   1 Answer