EY Interview Questions in Reading, England | Glassdoor

EY Interview Questions in Reading, England

3.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Reading, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved a verbal reasoning test, this part was fairly easy, it can be practised using the practice paper before carrying out the actual test
    The next step included a numerical reasoning test, this was not a challenging test, it required to answer simple maths problems. The next step involved a phone interview. This was really tricky and confusing for me as I had no way of preparing for the questions.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a first interview on the phone with one of the HR team. I was asked to walk through my cv and talk about my work experienced a's well as academics. I was asked about my extra curricula and other projects I have worked on during university and school.

Interview Questions

• DO you like to work in teams or individually   1 Answer

SummerAudit, GPS, Reading Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

3 part process at Assessment Centre, Reading
    Director/Partner interview
    Group exercise.
    E-document computer assessment.

Our group exercise was a 4 person activity that split the task into 15 minute chunks, where we had to make decisions as a group based on options given on prices of paper.
    We also had to sort strengths cards into most important and least important.

In the director/partner interview I had 5 minutes to present a business idea, and then had questions on that idea. Further questions were competency based but also about my motivation for applying to the specific Government and Public Sector part of Audit.

In the e-assessment exercise we were given a diary of a new starter and were asked questions based on journal entries and the work challenges. There was limited time to complete the exercise, and ran out of time to fully complete the final question.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work on Government and Public Sector Audits?   Answer Question

IT Risk and Assurance - Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Reading, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was standard - online application, then 4 or 5 different tests - most of them strenght and motivation based, and one numerical. They provided feedback how I did these at the end.
    As for the interview itself, it was quite strange. The thing that made me really bad impression was that it was not even conducted by EY, as the woman I spoke with knew nothing about the company when I asked her questions at the end, and honestly, this is my favourite part. The interview itself was average, strenght based one, with lots of examples (how you work in a team, how you make decisions), and of course why EY, why this division, why this location etc. Make sure you read the job description and you'll be fine with the things that they ask.
    The woman I spoke with started the interview really cheerfully, but ended it as if she wanted to hang up as soon as possible, which I found really unprofessional. That's the reason why I give it a negative experience. It's a good thing that I received an email that I could ask for feedback, which I will do.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

1- Online Application with online reasoning tests (diagrammatic, verbal, quant)
    2- A couple of Interviews with managers on site. Mostly behavioral interviews drawing from past experiences. They are looking for leadership.
    3- Assessment day with interviews, group discussion and projects, real work simulation practices (I was put in a situation where I had to fire someone who had done a poor job)
    4- Interview with partner
    5- Offer was made

Interview Questions

• If you are at work and got a surprise a couple of hours off, what would you do with the time?   1 Answer

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

There was an initial online test, which was fairly easy. There was then a 1:1 interview with a senior manager where they asked you competency based questions and about yourself, and why you want to join EY/Audit. There was then an assessment centre with a call to a struggling intern, a group exercise and another interview with a Partner which was more personality based.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to give someone bad news?
      Why do you want to join EY?
      Why do you want to do Audit?   Answer Question