EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

3.1

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Long process over the stretch of 4 months with many people in the group, easy interviews with pleasant enough people, one that asked pointed and more difficult questions didn’t know anything about the field, great feedback from all people, but the person that made the ultimate decision never interviewed me and axed me. I wish they did not drag me out for so long.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Conversational interview with a few formal questions inserted. Interview many consisted of attempted to connect with the interviewer. Was able to ask as many questions as I desired about the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership characteristics and how you would lead a team.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY in November 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview and we spoke mostly about my background and research. After that the interviewer explained in details about the internship position I was applying for. He was very friendly and the interview was a very pleasant experience. It took some time to get a reply, but after about 2 weeks, I got admitted to the final interview in New York. It is coming in about 10 days, so keep your fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research. Why do you want to work for Ernst and Young? What is your finance and coding experience?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

EY asked all of its potential new hires to attend a networking event (with trivia) the night before, which lasted 2 hours, at which candidates would have a chance to meet and interact with those who would be interviewing them and others who work within the department for which the candidate was interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you worked in a team setting to get something done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process is very slow, and you need to have loads of patience till you get to the final round. Usually, onsite interview will be the last round for most of the companies.
    However, in my case, after clearing the onsite interview(5 rounds) at NYC office, EY has scheduled one more round with some senior manager(if I remember his name correctly, it was Ash Kaduskar).
    And, this interview was a typical stress interview which is like your answer should exactly match the one in his mind else you are unfit for the role. One of the question I was asked is "Why do you think US population is more than India?"
    Anyway, I am glad that I didn't through the "final"round.
    I must say overall experience is very bad!

Interview Questions

• "Why do you think US population is more than India?"   3 Answers

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY in October 2015.

Interview

I felt like the whole process was kind of fluffy - like they didn't really care about my skills or qualifications, they just wanted someone who would fit their bill. From the beginning they made it clear that they wanted to satisfy their diversity initiative, which makes it extremely challenging for a white male to get a job there without strong connections. No feedback was provided, which is a major pet peeve of mine.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus. Had an on-campus interview. It was a 30-minutes interview with background and behavior questions. Got an rejection after one week. I emailed to the recruiter to ask for a possible reason since I thought we had a good talk, but he said he won't able to provide for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they took two weeks to get back me. First, I talked with HR person who scheduled phone interview with manager the same week. The following week I was invited for onsite interview in NYC headquarters, to have multiple 1:1 interviews with manager director and senior managers.

The HR and hiring team was very respectful and friendly.

I did not get the offer but even if I had got I had doubts I would like to work in consulting environment. Nevertheless, the overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Quantitative questions related to my professional experience and specific examples. Certainly, they were few behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

First Round Interview. Applied through college career website, and got the interview on campus. All behavior questions. The whole process is about 30 minutes. There is also option to change to junior consultant, which is more basic work, but I refused.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience contacting with the clients?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

The first stage of interview involved discussion on phone. Hr representative called me and discussed to check my fitment to qualify for next stage. Next step was interview in person. EY paid for my traveling expenses which was scheduled in Boston. It was with three different interviewers. One was pure technical interview checking my skills in Oracle domain and the others were more on project/client handling experience and consulting skills.