EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2017

190 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Based on requirement, you get a call from the job consultants. They normally setup an interview. First round is with a EY manager, followed by EY Senior Manager. If both clears, then normally a client interview takes place followed by EY HR interview.

Interview Questions

• In IT Advisory most of the questions revolve around Project management and program governance. Anyone who has medium knowledge of PMP or PR2 can crack it. A lot of emphasis is on communication skills and maturity with which you give the interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Case and personality interview, same generic stuff as all the mid-tier companies, its all really accountants trying to be consultants. Lots of over formality in the process and they try to act like they are a top 3 consulting firm, but then quickly admit they are a mid tier.

Interview Questions

• Why Do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Hamburg (Germany)) in July 2017.

Interview

Das Team war sehr freundlich, ehrlich und offen. Es war ein warmherziges und ausbalanciertes Gespräch. Mir wurden viele Informationen zum Unternehmen gegeben und meine Gesprächspartner waren sehr interessiert. Sie gingen sofort auf meine Bedürfnisse und Berufswünsche ein. Die Fragen der Interviewer waren mehr persönlicher Natur, da ich bereits Erfahrung in dem Bereich vorweisen konnte.

Interview Questions

• Warum möchtest du in diesem Bereich, der Firma arbeiten? Was ist deine Motivation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. I was interviewed by 4 ppl at EY campus. 2Technical &2PMP. Technical interview: they wanted to know how things work. They wanted me to explain process and basics nothing deep. PMP was good they are looking for your communication skills and how do you react to the situations and how do you approach a situation. Overall it was a good interview. They said they will let me know the result in 1-2 weeks. Fingers crossed. waiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• how do you handled crappy boss,   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very organized interview process. Questions were moderate and professional. Great information about the firm was shared. I spoke to leaders and learned more about what I was getting into. Multiple phone conversations and 1 in person meeting.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Embauche dans la partie stratégie.

Processus d'embauche relativement classique pour le conseil (entretiens de motivation et études de cas).

Rencontre de plusieurs partners, tous très sympathiques. Aucune étude de cas lors de ces entretiens-là. Le Play-hard-to-get marche bien avec eux, EY Strategy ayant encore tout à prouver et n'attirant pas encore assez les candidats qui choisissent plutôt les noms plus établis.

Les études de cas sont parfois originales à cause du positionnement multi-métier (on peut vous donner un cas de project finance pour de la stratégie.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

They took a long time and seemed very disorganised. After 3 rounds of mostly good interviews I am still none the wiser on why I didnt get the job despite them offering feedback weeks ago and I havent received replies to emails. Not a good way to do business so if that is how they operate, maybe I dodged a bullet. I expected more though so I am quite disappointed.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

Not too formal, good conversations - about 3 interviews in total. I felt I was talking to like-minded people, no awkward conversations. I kind of expected to get some sort of offer and in the end it just went silent, which I thought was a bit unprofessional. That said, they are probably suffering from recruitment fatigue with their pace of growth in Ireland. I was not really searching for a job and I am happy enough where I am. I don't mind getting a no, but I don't like getting the silent treatment...

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviews usually lasts between 1 day to 2 months. First round of interview is either done by a Senior Consultant or a Consulting Manager if a direct recruit or by a EY recruiter or preferred recruitment partner. Most interviews (after initial HR screening) have one business interview to discuss your interest, English skills, communication, Ego, depth of knowledge, and past consulting experience. Next round involves a round with either a Senior Manager, or a Director, and/or a Client line manager, depending on the urgency of the role (in that order). Next round is with the service line Partner, followed by HR details gathering round.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through experience with focus on consulting roles?   Answer Question
    • What has been your most challenging project, why, what was the challenge, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about EY and why clients prefer EY?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)) in October 2015.

Interview

I emailed my resume to a Director. After three weeks, he/she gave interviewed me on the phone for 20 mins. He/she called me again after 3 days for 15 mins. I received a job offer 3 weeks after the first interview.