EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus. Had an on-campus interview. It was a 30-minutes interview with background and behavior questions. Got an rejection after one week. I emailed to the recruiter to ask for a possible reason since I thought we had a good talk, but he said he won't able to provide for it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

1st interview is with an EY HR representative over the phone. About 10-15 mins where they ask why you want to join EY and why you are leaving your current firm.
    Then another phone interview by Senior Manager on team that you will be working on. This lasts approximately 45 mins. Most of the questions are behavioral and also walking through them your resume.
    Then you come in for a super day. Four interviews are done by different Senior Managers on team. They are about 30 minutes each. The super day lasts half a day at the EY offices.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they took two weeks to get back me. First, I talked with HR person who scheduled phone interview with manager the same week. The following week I was invited for onsite interview in NYC headquarters, to have multiple 1:1 interviews with manager director and senior managers.

The HR and hiring team was very respectful and friendly.

I did not get the offer but even if I had got I had doubts I would like to work in consulting environment. Nevertheless, the overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Quantitative questions related to my professional experience and specific examples. Certainly, they were few behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Hiring process was fast and recruiter was available to contact and talk for any questions.
    First round with Senior Manager.
    then 4 face o face technical interviews with Senior managers.
    Last interview with partner.
    After that phone interview with HR to discuss the offer.

Interview Questions

• Interview was mostly behavioral. No difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they do not negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Got an on campus interview then a super day which lasted half a day at the New York office. Super day had a writing section, couple of behavior interviews and a case interview. The process was not too bad

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

First round-phone interview, then interviewed by one manager and one partner in the super day. In general, I was asked by behavior questions. The questions are similar to other Big four or consulting firm questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Two phone behavioral interviews, two phone interviews with management, one in-person interview. They wanted to know if previous experience working in IT would translate to a senior consultant role. Also wanted to ensure that if offered a job I would be willing to travel to a client location every week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were given an ambiguous assignment and expected to complete it. Why are you looking to leave your current company?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

EY flew me in to meet the FSO practice I was interviewing for. They had several group introductions with Senior Managers and Partners. I interviewed with 4 people; an internal recruiter from HR, a manager, senior manager, and a partner/principal. They asked basic questions like, "Walk me through your resume," "Tell me about yourself," "Why consulting or what experience do you have in consulting or client services." All of the interviews were friendly and conversational.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had ever worked for someone younger than me and how would I handle working for someone younger than me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Typical process. First HR interview and then technical phone interview. They did not inform me that the second interview would be technical though. Then 3 on site interviews with managers and senior managers. Each 40 minutes and varied in technical questions. I figured these would be more behavorial but were not. I also had to write a case study which was online and timed. It wasn't difficult.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Campus recruiting and final super day interview with 3 manager and one partner; first round 30 min then final with pre-night dinner. It's nice people and all goes smoothly except the waiting periods between the two interviews are very very long. I think it is because this is a campus recruiting and they need to wait for all the campus ones finished before they start the final process.