EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2017

203 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

phone screen with Recruiter and Sr. Manager, then interview day with four individuals. after the interview I had to wait for over 3 months for an offer. This was due to a lengthy salary determination process

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Start with HR interview on the phone. Then I was invited to visit office and interview with Sr, manager and partner. It took about 30 minuets interview with each interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process is very slow, and you need to have loads of patience till you get to the final round. Usually, onsite interview will be the last round for most of the companies.
    However, in my case, after clearing the onsite interview(5 rounds) at NYC office, EY has scheduled one more round with some senior manager(if I remember his name correctly, it was Ash Kaduskar).
    And, this interview was a typical stress interview which is like your answer should exactly match the one in his mind else you are unfit for the role. One of the question I was asked is "Why do you think US population is more than India?"
    Anyway, I am glad that I didn't through the "final"round.
    I must say overall experience is very bad!

Interview Questions

• "Why do you think US population is more than India?"   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

got in through campus recruiting. very standard format: 2 interviews for the 1st round, several interviews on the super day there may be a group interview depending on the team recruiting for. interviewers are very friendly

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process included (1) initial 45-minute phone screen by hiring manager; (2) two hour-long phone discussions with managers and senior managers; (3) two hour-long in-person interviews in the Boston office (where two partners happened to be that day); and (4) a final hour-long telephone interview with a partner. The interviews went from easy and increased in difficulty.

Interview Questions

• (1) general experience; (2) direct work with clients; (3) position-specific experience (health care advisory); (4) teamwork, mentoring, juggling of multiple assignments, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I did on-campus interviewing so prior to any official interviews I had attended multiple campus networking events and gotten to know quite a few people. My official first-round interviews consisted of 2 back-to-back on interviews. One case interview and one more casual behavioral interview. Both were related to my practice of interest (People and Change). After passing the first round, I attended Mega-Day in Dallas. That was held Friday evening and Saturday morning. Interviews included several rounds of case and behavioral interviews including an interview with a partner, as well as a group interview which was a short case and presentation. I heard back about a week later with my offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY in October 2015.

Interview

I felt like the whole process was kind of fluffy - like they didn't really care about my skills or qualifications, they just wanted someone who would fit their bill. From the beginning they made it clear that they wanted to satisfy their diversity initiative, which makes it extremely challenging for a white male to get a job there without strong connections. No feedback was provided, which is a major pet peeve of mine.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus. Had an on-campus interview. It was a 30-minutes interview with background and behavior questions. Got an rejection after one week. I emailed to the recruiter to ask for a possible reason since I thought we had a good talk, but he said he won't able to provide for it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very organized interview process. Questions were moderate and professional. Great information about the firm was shared. I spoke to leaders and learned more about what I was getting into. Multiple phone conversations and 1 in person meeting.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

1st interview is with an EY HR representative over the phone. About 10-15 mins where they ask why you want to join EY and why you are leaving your current firm.
    Then another phone interview by Senior Manager on team that you will be working on. This lasts approximately 45 mins. Most of the questions are behavioral and also walking through them your resume.
    Then you come in for a super day. Four interviews are done by different Senior Managers on team. They are about 30 minutes each. The super day lasts half a day at the EY offices.