EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2017

190 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

First round-phone interview, then interviewed by one manager and one partner in the super day. In general, I was asked by behavior questions. The questions are similar to other Big four or consulting firm questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Two phone behavioral interviews, two phone interviews with management, one in-person interview. They wanted to know if previous experience working in IT would translate to a senior consultant role. Also wanted to ensure that if offered a job I would be willing to travel to a client location every week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were given an ambiguous assignment and expected to complete it. Why are you looking to leave your current company?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

EY flew me in to meet the FSO practice I was interviewing for. They had several group introductions with Senior Managers and Partners. I interviewed with 4 people; an internal recruiter from HR, a manager, senior manager, and a partner/principal. They asked basic questions like, "Walk me through your resume," "Tell me about yourself," "Why consulting or what experience do you have in consulting or client services." All of the interviews were friendly and conversational.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had ever worked for someone younger than me and how would I handle working for someone younger than me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Typical process. First HR interview and then technical phone interview. They did not inform me that the second interview would be technical though. Then 3 on site interviews with managers and senior managers. Each 40 minutes and varied in technical questions. I figured these would be more behavorial but were not. I also had to write a case study which was online and timed. It wasn't difficult.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Campus recruiting and final super day interview with 3 manager and one partner; first round 30 min then final with pre-night dinner. It's nice people and all goes smoothly except the waiting periods between the two interviews are very very long. I think it is because this is a campus recruiting and they need to wait for all the campus ones finished before they start the final process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

First Round Interview. Applied through college career website, and got the interview on campus. All behavior questions. The whole process is about 30 minutes. There is also option to change to junior consultant, which is more basic work, but I refused.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience contacting with the clients?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I had applied to this job through on-campus recruiting process. The interview shortlisting was based on resume and all the informational interviews with formal employees. The first round was a 45-minute interview based on behavioral and case questions. Second round had 4 interviews which consisted of 2 behavioral interviews, 1 case interviews and 1 group discussion with each interview being 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• The interview is based on cases and behavioral check   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Came in through campus recruiting from my MBA program. There were lots of networking opportunities leading up to the application and interviews, so I had plenty of time to connect with employees and get to know the company culture. First round interview was on campus. One hour: half case, half behavioral. The case is pretty straight forward; I didn't feel like there was a 'gotcha' or trick moment in the case like with some firms. The behavioral part was very conversational with typical questions. Second round interviews are conducted usually in Dallas and had candidates from around the country interviewing for several practice areas. There are three one-on-one interviews with partners or senior managers - 2 are behavioral and the third is a more involved case that what was presented in the first round interview. Finally, there is a group case interview in which you are matched with 2 or 3 other candidates and presented with a business problem that you have an hour to create a short presentation of recommendations while being observed by a small group of senior managers or partners. There is not a long wait to hear back from interviews - usually candidates are notified within a week. The interview process is thorough, but fair. None of the interviewers came off as intimidating - everyone made me feel welcome and at ease, and all interviewers were as interested in answering any questions I might have as in asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you led a group of peers on a difficult assignment.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend.It took just 2 weeks from the time the Resume was submitted and I got a call from HR. Total 3 Interviews.
    1: Scheduled a preliminary round with HR.
    2: Phone Interview with Senior Consultant ( bcoz manager was not available)
    3: 45 minutes each on site interview with Sr. Manager, Partner and Manager.

They all gave a background of EY work structure, FSO, Risk Management and their experience in EY so far. It was more like a discussion than an interview.
    Basic behavioral, project based and some conceptual questions like What is CFPB Reporting etc..

Very good overall Experience, professional enviornment and structured process. HR was very supporting in the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Most Unexpected: Which areas are you interested in ( Operational Risk, Regulatory or Compliance) working towards? Basically, they were trying to gauge where would I like to enhance my professional skills and where could they leverage my experience in.
      No difficult questions.
      Give an example of a project which involved performance improvement?
      Challenging project?
      What was your role in it ?

- Tips : Follow the STAR format while answering behavioral questions.
      Read your resume thoroughly.
      Be confident   Answer Question

Negotiation

Relocation and Base.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

The first stage of interview involved discussion on phone. Hr representative called me and discussed to check my fitment to qualify for next stage. Next step was interview in person. EY paid for my traveling expenses which was scheduled in Boston. It was with three different interviewers. One was pure technical interview checking my skills in Oracle domain and the others were more on project/client handling experience and consulting skills.