EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2017

190 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

This was a lengthy interview process which I continuously followed up for status and move things along. Found out about the position and correspondence was directed through a recruiter. Had to submit writing examples and paystub confirmation. Would not negotiate on offer, but initial offer was fair. Once position was accepted, start date was 60-90 days away due to availability of training class. Training/ orientation was 2 weeks in NYC.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions for the industry I applied for. Nothing unique or surprising.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received single offer which was fair. Would not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Two back-to-back on-campus first round interviews that mainly focus on fit and one quick M&A case study. The second round interview, at least at the MBA level, is at the local office with candidates from multiple schools. These interviews were focused on simulating real-life client situations. I had 4 different interviews, one of which was in a group setting.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

The process was rather fast. A couple of phone interviews, then a call to go onsite. In-person interviews were professional and pleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Firm. No negotiation.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Very smooth

Interview Questions

There are 5 bands in Senior Consultant. They offered Senior 3 for 9 years experience

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

1st round phone interview with a manager, more behavioral questions and prior work experience. Second round with 4 ppl including a ED and a partner. Wait for a month to get another round of phone interview with a ED. Then offer comes.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

2 rounds of behavioral questions - They actually talk about the culture in the office etc. Then a case interview on h/c

Interview Questions

• The case is difficult as you the interviewer does not guide you through the process   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Two phone interviews
    In person interviews (3-4) all during one day.
    Two more phone interviews.

Hiring process intensive & repetitive.

Interview Questions

• None really. Standard interview questions.
      Just need to have some good stories prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Poor if you're not negotiating with them directly. Do not use a recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through email that he found my resume online in December 2013. Informed me that the whole process will take about two months and offers will role out in Feb 2014. After interviewing twice on 26th January 2014 and 26th February 2014 (after two re-schedules because the Senior Manager was busy with client). I followed up with the recruiter and he informed he will get back to me within a week. However, no response was received for 1.5 months even after my repeated emails. On 10th April 2014, I got an email that I was not selected because of a particular experience background that they needed. The process was great but I expected a swift response because it wasted a lot of my job search time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult. Mostly technical and behavioral questions from my resume. A brief case was also asked which was easy to crack   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

People were very nice and asked very basic questions. I felt very included and not like I was being attacked in any way. I have been to uncomfortable interviews, and this certainly was not one. I felt that it was both challenging and easy at times, and that the people were genuinely interested in who I was as a candidate and what questions I had.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Hiring and interview process is planned well.But it toook time for about 2 months to get all the formalities to complete.I had about 2 rounds of telephonic and 4 rounds of inperson interview.Inperson interview is very cool and it doesnt feel like interview.

Interview Questions

• unexpected questions like if i am ready to take new opportunies outside my area of expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

nothing.it went smooth.