EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

187 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with many different individuals over a single day. Was asked many questions to see how I process information and lead.

Interview Questions

• How do I prepare for travel make sure I take the most advantage of the limited time while at the location.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Fit interview with some behavior questions. Mostly see if I get along with them.
    The process was quite long, like 6 hour long. I met all the managerial staff of the team I interviewed with. Overall the experience was pleasant. I did not get an offer perhaps because I was under qualified.

Interview Questions

• CMBS question, effect of recent Fed move to CMBS price.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

An external recruiter identified the opportunity and assisted in the recruitment process. An initial phone interview, then in-persons with multiple leaders. Fairly quick offer followed - easy conversational style of interviewers (one over lunch, one after work at a restaurant).

Interview Questions

• Hired into a technical practice but had no technical training, I needed to respond to how my "generalist" skill set would drive value in the technical practice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Early in my career I negotiated more sign-on bonus and starting salary, but other offer details were appropriate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Round 1: In-person interview
    Round 2: 4 interviews: 1 technical, 1 case, 1 writing, 1 behavioural

Interview Questions

• Lot of focus on behavioral questions, soft skills, people skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Was referred to a partner directly, who had HR contact me. I applied online after being directed to do so and the interview process was very quick. Was taking a position in another regional office, so no in-person interviews (another Big4 flew me out to have in-person interviews). I had a screening with the HR rep, a phone call with a senior manager, and a video-conference with the partner of the group.

(while I was at EY i was heavily involved in interviewing process and I know it takes a while for some people to get through the process. This largely depends on each employee's availability (with heavy schedules and travel) and also the fluctuations of the resource needs (sometimes projects will end and other existing employees need assigned work, so they will hold off on hiring until upcoming projects are abundant enough to utilize a new resource).

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about my work experience, some technical experience with respect to the group's service offering, and experience engaging with clients. Never had any case studies.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Irvine, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The HR personnel gave an extremely highly level summary of the job but only when I spoke with the actual team did I get a clearer understanding of the opportunity. The job sounded interesting and during the interview I meet with 8 people. Through all of these interactions I fell in love with the opportunity. the team has changed and grown even stronger from my initial meeting. It was a good exposure of the team and the type of environment within EY.

Interview Questions

• expand on the type of projects that I have worked on? Describe difficult client interaction   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Interview process was a bit scattered, but the day I met people - it was a breeze. The case study was fun

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, out of school hire

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Normal campus recruiting process. People are very friendly.

Interview Questions

• It was a first round, so there wasn't any trick question.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

two phone screen and one onsite

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

The entire hiring process was smooth, but a little longer than I expected (10 weeks). My resume was submitted by a recruiter for ITAS. After 2-3 weeks they scheduled a telephonic interview. It was a half an hour discussion about my experience, which projects I have worked on, why I want to join E&Y, etc. The guy on the phone liked me and straightaway told me he was forwarding my name for the next step. After a few weeks, they flew me to San fransisco for face to face interviews. This was 4 half an hour discussions with a manager, senior manager, executive director and a partner. The questions were mostly behavioral - why I want to leave current company, why E&Y, etc. The manager and senior manager asked me resume questions about my experience, my opinions about certain technologies, what approach I would take for certain problems, etc. The other two guys only had get to know you kind of conversations. Overall everybody was friendly and nice.
    In just two days I received their verbal confirmation that they were going to make an offer, but it took 6 weeks to actually get the offer letter (I suppose the delay was because it was end of the year time). All in all, very good experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary. But they offered me a different location that works out better for me.