EY Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor

EY Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT

3.2

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

First I met with a tax partner for a 30-minute interview on campus. By this point I had done several Big Four interviews at varying levels, so the questions mostly revolved around what I was interested in and why.

The next interviews were at the office. I interviewed with three different managers/senior managers, each of whom asked about my ability to work in groups and about my interests in tax compliance/advisory. The interviews were professional but low-stress.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a challenge with a group to meet a tight deadline.   Answer Question

IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2013.

Interview

1. On-campus interview. Difficult to get your foot in the door otherwise (so I hear from other friends who have tried).
    2. Office visits/ 2nd interview. Gives you a good feel for the office environment, staff members, culture, etc.
    3. Offer

Interview Questions

• What two traits demonstrate leadership? How have you demonstrated these traits?   2 Answers

Other job offer from a firm that fit with me over EY.

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview process began after initial contact with a brief phone call with the recruiter. Some initial questions were asked to clarify my experience and knowledge. A few weeks later I had a phone interview with a partner from the recruiting office. A few weeks after that I went in for an office visit. Questions ranged from general inquiries into my past experience to reasons for wanting to leave my current firm. The feel of the office was very good, everyone was 'real' and approachable. I identified with them more than other big4 offices I had visited.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer to come on with a lot of responsibility and a very steep learning curve or less responsibility with more time to learn the ropes?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter made oral offer via phone, very low pressure. I was offered time to consider, although I opted to accept immediately.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviews were not technical at all. It was just a number of conversations to see get a feel for your people skills and whether you are someone they would feel comfortable putting in front of clients. Really relaxed feel to them. If you are a student in school then they assume already you are smart enough for the job so it's the other things they worry about.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process was great. Everyone was extremely friendly from the partners down to the staff. The office really does have a tight knit feel and that was a huge attraction for me.

Interview Questions

• What is a time in your life where you didn't live up to your expectations?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example where you worked as a team member to solve a difficult problem or reach a goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For interns, they pay salary, so negotiations aren't really needed unless you feel like you could get a substantial amount more at another office

IT Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2010.

Interview

First they had a campus interview. This was behavior based with the office manager. Then they had an in office interview. This consisted of two behavior based interviews - one with a senior manager and the other with a partner. Then they had a case interview that was fairly difficult. Then they had a 45 minute essay write up.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest challenge you've had over your school and work life?   Answer Question