EY Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.6

Global Innovation Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA).

Interview

It was a frustrating 4 month process. The executives are clueless about the strategy and the direction to move in so they kept changing their mind about the need for this position. They are the former eBay venture team which was terminated from eBay and handed over to E&Y because of the long standing relationship between the two companies. This team has no history of launching products either at eBay or Paypal. They do not have an engineering manager or a team, the only person on their team is on contract. If you are willing to work on a boat with no rudder then this is your greatest opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to product management? What is your typical product discovery and development process?   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Did a phone interview and was flown out to their office once I was selected to move on. The office visit consisted of a dinner and 3 interviews in the morning (1 conversational, 1 technical, and 1 behavioral)

Interview Questions

• What is the efficient market hypothesis?   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Two on-campus interviews back to back with different leveled employees where they looked at your resume and asked about it. Later on, there was also one in house "interview" after receiving the offer (Office tour, lunch, talk with a partner) that was more casual.

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Since it's the interview for leadership program, I just had one round. I had back-to-back interview for one hour. Two interviewer separately. One for half hour. The interviewer are nice, they are easy to talk to. But still need to prepare. And remember to prepare some copies of your resume. Know your resume well, because they will ask many questions based on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your job experience   1 Answer

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied trough college. The 1st interview was about 30 mins at campus. It was conversational, nothing difficult. After about 2 weeks, I got phone call to schedule a firm tour. That was the 2nd interview, mostly conversational, including a lunch and 4 different interviews. It was very long.

Interview Questions

• Why EY? Why Tax? And I was asked "do you have any questions?" every time I met a new interviewer.   Answer Question

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was casual and there was one with the HR and one with the partner and manager. The one with the HR was over the phone and it was direct questioning of expectations and reason for application to the company.

People Advisory Services Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter. If you pass this, they ask you to come on site (whatever location you apply to) for a half day presentation/interview process. After hearing about the goals of the firm/the sect you are applying to and listen to details about the culture, the work life balance, etc., you go in for three different 1:1 interviews (about 30 mins long for each of them) with different managers/partners at the firm in the sect that you are applying to. Then, the provide you with lunch with members of the firm so you can talk to them a little more in depth about the position, and then you are on your way. I got a call the next day with an offer from the partner who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What makes you excited to go to work?
      Tell me about your past experience at ____?
      How do you keep up with the news?
      What about *insert job title* makes you feel like you would be a good fit?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was called with my offer the next day, and within a week, I was emailed an official offer letter detailing my chosen location, offered salary, etc.

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process runs over a few months, but starts even before that. In some cases, Sophomores would be encouraged to participate in campus events to show their interest in EY. During the actual interview, they will ask you questions about what you worked on during college, etc. But in actuality, it doesn't really matter as long as you have a relatively high GPA and a reasonable level of communication skills. Don't forget to ask a bunch of questions and show your interest.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about EY?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied throuh campus recruiting. First round on-campus one on one interview with an audit partner. It was laid back and conversational. Second round was on-site. Two interviews with a manager and a partner. All behavirol questions.

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Campus hiring usually begins with an on campus interview or a satellite phone interview. Following the first interview the second interview takes place in the office and usually includes paid dinners and lunches. The interviews are behavioral interviews in which the interviewer asks questions regarding the interviewee's behavior and habits rather than their knowledge of the particular job in question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how you handled it.   1 Answer