EY Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Skype interview, The interviewer started talking about the company and the role. It was so comfortable and easy going. obvious questions were asked. Nice experience.
Then a manager of the industry explained to me specific details of the role.

Interview Questions

• What kind of leader are you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Avoid it if you can. I went through the interview process. They asked for my personal information including my reviews. I went through two round of interviews and received a verbal offer. After receiving a verbal offer, they asked for a paycheck on november time. They said that they had to verify if I still work for the company. Companies are not allowed to ask for your paycheck effective 30 days from November 6th in New York. Even after taking my personal check and information, they said since there is no need at this point. They can't make an offer. Even the interview process as a whole was very disorganized.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via Linkedin and set up interview with Manager. Had one 30 minute phone interview with the Manager. Did not proceed further as I was looking to relocate and there was no requirement for someone at my level in my target office.

Interview Questions

• Challenges faced in current position?
      Strengths and weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Lots of talks and obtained a good understanding of role. Spoke to several leaders and they provided their expectations on role and provided additional enthusiasm that they had. They turned around a decision quickly at the need was approaching fast.

Interview Questions

• Past Experience and accomplishments   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (Charlotte, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Recruiter reached out on linkedin - phone screen with recruiter than in person with partner and manager. My manager was in a different location so we used a Skype interview - she talked more than me. The partner also didn't ask many questions - just talked about the firm and answered my questions. Got a brief tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about conflict   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Stamford, CT).

Interview

First interviewed with the senior manager running the department I'd eventually work in. This was in the IT consulting division, not audit or tax. After that, came back for second interview and met with four different partners. They gave their feedback to the senior manager and then I was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with a Human Resources point of contact from my recruiter. I sat in one room with each individual interviewer visiting me in the one location. Started with an Audit Manager for about 30 minutes and then spoke with two Partners focused on Private Equity and Hedge Fund line of business for an hour in total. The process was relatively painless except there were some product specific questions to ensure I really knew the products I claimed were on my resume.

Interview Questions

• How has your experience prepared you for this role to manage a larger team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

First I had a phone interview from Chicago a Senior Manager .Was able to impress him .Main questions were related to Front/Middle/Back office.

I was called for 1:1 interview to New York office , Times square.Total 5 rounds.

1st round: Manager 1 :He was ex-Navy person. Question were simple and we went through Trade processing.

2nd Round: HR round .was normal related to package and willingness to travel.If you are not willing to travel more than 50-80% Don't expect the offer. That's one of the main point.I was ready to travel not more than 20%.

3rd round: Manager 2: Cleared the technical questions related to Asset Management and how do you work with Operation for Trade related issues ?
    Whats you passion was one of the most important question ?Come up with a correct answers which suits you.

4th Round: Manager 3: Data models and use cases related to the project we worked on ?
    Reference Data question .How do integrate security, positions,analytic's ..e.t.c.,
    Water fall and Agile models pros and cons.

5th round: Senior Manger.(Senior Manger was an technical architect.The questions were difficult related to windows IIS installation / Product installations on Unix server )
    One of main point here too was don't join if you are not willing to travel.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with different teams across different regions ?
      How do you mange conflicts between team members ?
      Whats your passion ? ( I think I screwed the answer here .Gave a normal answer rather than my interests ).
      2 Answers

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

3 stage interview process: Telephone interview with one person from the department, in person interview with several members of the department, and an in person interview with the head of the department. Entire process took a while, but everyone was very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

First question was somewhat challenging because it was hard to differentiate among the big 4. They are all pretty similar.
      1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY in November 2014.

Interview

It takes one on campus interview and one onsite interview. First round on campus interview is basically about the research and one simple brain teaser. On site interview with 4 manager level people. All about basic quant knowledge, statistics. The Job is for QAS office in New York locations and client based works. Most of the clients are CB and IBs.