EY Senior Associate Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

EY Senior Associate Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Skype interview, The interviewer started talking about the company and the role. It was so comfortable and easy going. obvious questions were asked. Nice experience.
Then a manager of the industry explained to me specific details of the role.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Avoid it if you can. I went through the interview process. They asked for my personal information including my reviews. I went through two round of interviews and received a verbal offer. After receiving a verbal offer, they asked for a paycheck on november time. They said that they had to verify if I still work for the company. Companies are not allowed to ask for your paycheck effective 30 days from November 6th in New York. Even after taking my personal check and information, they said since there is no need at this point. They can't make an offer. Even the interview process as a whole was very disorganized.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with a Human Resources point of contact from my recruiter. I sat in one room with each individual interviewer visiting me in the one location. Started with an Audit Manager for about 30 minutes and then spoke with two Partners focused on Private Equity and Hedge Fund line of business for an hour in total. The process was relatively painless except there were some product specific questions to ensure I really knew the products I claimed were on my resume.

Interview Questions

• How has your experience prepared you for this role to manage a larger team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

First I had a phone interview from Chicago a Senior Manager .Was able to impress him .Main questions were related to Front/Middle/Back office.

I was called for 1:1 interview to New York office , Times square.Total 5 rounds.

1st round: Manager 1 :He was ex-Navy person. Question were simple and we went through Trade processing.

2nd Round: HR round .was normal related to package and willingness to travel.If you are not willing to travel more than 50-80% Don't expect the offer. That's one of the main point.I was ready to travel not more than 20%.

3rd round: Manager 2: Cleared the technical questions related to Asset Management and how do you work with Operation for Trade related issues ?
    Whats you passion was one of the most important question ?Come up with a correct answers which suits you.

4th Round: Manager 3: Data models and use cases related to the project we worked on ?
    Reference Data question .How do integrate security, positions,analytic's ..e.t.c.,
    Water fall and Agile models pros and cons.

5th round: Senior Manger.(Senior Manger was an technical architect.The questions were difficult related to windows IIS installation / Product installations on Unix server )
    One of main point here too was don't join if you are not willing to travel.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with different teams across different regions ?
      How do you mange conflicts between team members ?
      Whats your passion ? ( I think I screwed the answer here .Gave a normal answer rather than my interests ).
      2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter found me on linkedin and approached me. First I went through an Hr screen I by and then had a face to face meeting with the manager. So far it has been a very good process. Yet to face the technical interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I had an initial phone interviewed followed by 3 in office behavioral interviews and then an additional phone interview. Once I received the offer I was asked to make a decision immediately which

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to have a difficult conversation with a client and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

It was very slow in terms of getting interview scheduled and hearing back from HR. Interviews were very casual and conversational. However they will really drill down on your resume and ask specific questions on past experiences and skillset. There were three back to back interviews, each lasting approximately an hour each.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the position through a headhunter for this position.Interviews were phone based, two office visits and got interviewed by 6 senior managers, partners, director. Director was arrogant and not very professional. Recruiter told me he wanted to give me an offer but kept pushing the dates.

Interview Questions

• Director asked me to take a different seat for no reason, while I was waiting for the next interviewer to come in.   Answer Question

The recruiter kept postponing about what the offer is going to be. I was very much employed, and was not desperate. Meanwhile I got another offer and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview consists of experience, behavioral and motivational questions. Most questions are easy and standard.

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

One day I got a call from an HR and she asked me about me about my background and whether I was interested in E&Y - TAS. The call lasted for around 30 minute.

After that, I received a case study from a recruiting director. By this case study, they wanted to check my accounting and finance knowledge, and my analytical skills. I nailed the the case study and exceeded their expectations.

Finally, I was invited to E&Y Times Square office in NYC for the final round. The final round consisted of four one-on-one interviews. These four interviews was conducted by 2 seniors managers, the recruiting director and a partner. All of these interviews were behavioral. I think, they were checking my communication skills and fit. I wasn't asked a single technical question.

This process took only 4 working days.