EY Senior Associate Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

EY Senior Associate Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter found me on linkedin and approached me. First I went through an Hr screen I by and then had a face to face meeting with the manager. So far it has been a very good process. Yet to face the technical interview.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Avoid it if you can. I went through the interview process. They asked for my personal information including my reviews. I went through two round of interviews and received a verbal offer. After receiving a verbal offer, they asked for a paycheck on november time. They said that they had to verify if I still work for the company. Companies are not allowed to ask for your paycheck effective 30 days from November 6th in New York. Even after taking my personal check and information, they said since there is no need at this point. They can't make an offer. Even the interview process as a whole was very disorganized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Skype interview, The interviewer started talking about the company and the role. It was so comfortable and easy going. obvious questions were asked. Nice experience.
    Then a manager of the industry explained to me specific details of the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

It was on campus interview for senior associate risk position. I was asked following questions:
    1. Tell me something about yourself
    2. Describe a time when situation was going out of your control and you could manage at the last moment.
    3. Describe a time when situation was going out of your control and you could not manage it.
    4. What is the most challenging work you did
    5. Tell me about a bad decision you have taken
    6. How would you be helpful for risk advisory services at EY
    7. Lots of question on my resume
    8. Couple of questions on Basel, Economy, and Dodd Frank act

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview consists of experience, behavioral and motivational questions. Most questions are easy and standard.

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

One day I got a call from an HR and she asked me about me about my background and whether I was interested in E&Y - TAS. The call lasted for around 30 minute.

After that, I received a case study from a recruiting director. By this case study, they wanted to check my accounting and finance knowledge, and my analytical skills. I nailed the the case study and exceeded their expectations.

Finally, I was invited to E&Y Times Square office in NYC for the final round. The final round consisted of four one-on-one interviews. These four interviews was conducted by 2 seniors managers, the recruiting director and a partner. All of these interviews were behavioral. I think, they were checking my communication skills and fit. I wasn't asked a single technical question.

This process took only 4 working days.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

multiple interviews with senior managers, managers and partners within the practice that i was interviewing with. was a long [process that lasted 3 months and had to make multiple trips to new york. accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much negotiation room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the position through a headhunter for this position.Interviews were phone based, two office visits and got interviewed by 6 senior managers, partners, director. Director was arrogant and not very professional. Recruiter told me he wanted to give me an offer but kept pushing the dates.

Interview Questions

• Director asked me to take a different seat for no reason, while I was waiting for the next interviewer to come in.   Answer Question

The recruiter kept postponing about what the offer is going to be. I was very much employed, and was not desperate. Meanwhile I got another offer and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

It was very slow in terms of getting interview scheduled and hearing back from HR. Interviews were very casual and conversational. However they will really drill down on your resume and ask specific questions on past experiences and skillset. There were three back to back interviews, each lasting approximately an hour each.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with a Human Resources point of contact from my recruiter. I sat in one room with each individual interviewer visiting me in the one location. Started with an Audit Manager for about 30 minutes and then spoke with two Partners focused on Private Equity and Hedge Fund line of business for an hour in total. The process was relatively painless except there were some product specific questions to ensure I really knew the products I claimed were on my resume.

Interview Questions

• How has your experience prepared you for this role to manage a larger team?   Answer Question