EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Long process over the stretch of 4 months with many people in the group, easy interviews with pleasant enough people, one that asked pointed and more difficult questions didn’t know anything about the field, great feedback from all people, but the person that made the ultimate decision never interviewed me and axed me. I wish they did not drag me out for so long.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The first step is a call with a recruiter for qualification, essentially they are insuring you are a qualified candidate and they will schedule a true first round. The first round is generally a phone call with a Manager or Senior Manager, in which they will ask you about your experiences and interview you based on the role you apply for. You generally will then attend one or several face to face interviews that will be technical, behavioral and may include a formal or informal case study.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail and process which you know well.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Conversational interview with a few formal questions inserted. Interview many consisted of attempted to connect with the interviewer. Was able to ask as many questions as I desired about the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership characteristics and how you would lead a team.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY in November 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview and we spoke mostly about my background and research. After that the interviewer explained in details about the internship position I was applying for. He was very friendly and the interview was a very pleasant experience. It took some time to get a reply, but after about 2 weeks, I got admitted to the final interview in New York. It is coming in about 10 days, so keep your fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research. Why do you want to work for Ernst and Young? What is your finance and coding experience?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

EY asked all of its potential new hires to attend a networking event (with trivia) the night before, which lasted 2 hours, at which candidates would have a chance to meet and interact with those who would be interviewing them and others who work within the department for which the candidate was interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you worked in a team setting to get something done?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

phone screen with Recruiter and Sr. Manager, then interview day with four individuals. after the interview I had to wait for over 3 months for an offer. This was due to a lengthy salary determination process

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Start with HR interview on the phone. Then I was invited to visit office and interview with Sr, manager and partner. It took about 30 minuets interview with each interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process is very slow, and you need to have loads of patience till you get to the final round. Usually, onsite interview will be the last round for most of the companies.
    However, in my case, after clearing the onsite interview(5 rounds) at NYC office, EY has scheduled one more round with some senior manager(if I remember his name correctly, it was Ash Kaduskar).
    And, this interview was a typical stress interview which is like your answer should exactly match the one in his mind else you are unfit for the role. One of the question I was asked is "Why do you think US population is more than India?"
    Anyway, I am glad that I didn't through the "final"round.
    I must say overall experience is very bad!

Interview Questions

• "Why do you think US population is more than India?"   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process included (1) initial 45-minute phone screen by hiring manager; (2) two hour-long phone discussions with managers and senior managers; (3) two hour-long in-person interviews in the Boston office (where two partners happened to be that day); and (4) a final hour-long telephone interview with a partner. The interviews went from easy and increased in difficulty.

Interview Questions

• (1) general experience; (2) direct work with clients; (3) position-specific experience (health care advisory); (4) teamwork, mentoring, juggling of multiple assignments, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I did on-campus interviewing so prior to any official interviews I had attended multiple campus networking events and gotten to know quite a few people. My official first-round interviews consisted of 2 back-to-back on interviews. One case interview and one more casual behavioral interview. Both were related to my practice of interest (People and Change). After passing the first round, I attended Mega-Day in Dallas. That was held Friday evening and Saturday morning. Interviews included several rounds of case and behavioral interviews including an interview with a partner, as well as a group interview which was a short case and presentation. I heard back about a week later with my offer.