EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

2.9

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

EY asked all of its potential new hires to attend a networking event (with trivia) the night before, which lasted 2 hours, at which candidates would have a chance to meet and interact with those who would be interviewing them and others who work within the department for which the candidate was interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you worked in a team setting to get something done?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY in November 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview and we spoke mostly about my background and research. After that the interviewer explained in details about the internship position I was applying for. He was very friendly and the interview was a very pleasant experience. It took some time to get a reply, but after about 2 weeks, I got admitted to the final interview in New York. It is coming in about 10 days, so keep your fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research. Why do you want to work for Ernst and Young? What is your finance and coding experience?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

phone screen with Recruiter and Sr. Manager, then interview day with four individuals. after the interview I had to wait for over 3 months for an offer. This was due to a lengthy salary determination process

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY in October 2015.

Interview

I felt like the whole process was kind of fluffy - like they didn't really care about my skills or qualifications, they just wanted someone who would fit their bill. From the beginning they made it clear that they wanted to satisfy their diversity initiative, which makes it extremely challenging for a white male to get a job there without strong connections. No feedback was provided, which is a major pet peeve of mine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Conversational interview with a few formal questions inserted. Interview many consisted of attempted to connect with the interviewer. Was able to ask as many questions as I desired about the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership characteristics and how you would lead a team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The first step is a call with a recruiter for qualification, essentially they are insuring you are a qualified candidate and they will schedule a true first round. The first round is generally a phone call with a Manager or Senior Manager, in which they will ask you about your experiences and interview you based on the role you apply for. You generally will then attend one or several face to face interviews that will be technical, behavioral and may include a formal or informal case study.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail and process which you know well.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Was referred to a partner directly, who had HR contact me. I applied online after being directed to do so and the interview process was very quick. Was taking a position in another regional office, so no in-person interviews (another Big4 flew me out to have in-person interviews). I had a screening with the HR rep, a phone call with a senior manager, and a video-conference with the partner of the group.

(while I was at EY i was heavily involved in interviewing process and I know it takes a while for some people to get through the process. This largely depends on each employee's availability (with heavy schedules and travel) and also the fluctuations of the resource needs (sometimes projects will end and other existing employees need assigned work, so they will hold off on hiring until upcoming projects are abundant enough to utilize a new resource).

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about my work experience, some technical experience with respect to the group's service offering, and experience engaging with clients. Never had any case studies.   2 Answers

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY in October 2017.

Interview

On Campus, 30-minute back to back, one case, one behavioral. Case was purely qualitative. Behavioral was a resume walk-through and grab bag of usual questions --- "tell me a time you failed? tell me a time you learned something?"

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

got in through campus recruiting. very standard format: 2 interviews for the 1st round, several interviews on the super day there may be a group interview depending on the team recruiting for. interviewers are very friendly

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Irvine, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The HR personnel gave an extremely highly level summary of the job but only when I spoke with the actual team did I get a clearer understanding of the opportunity. The job sounded interesting and during the interview I meet with 8 people. Through all of these interactions I fell in love with the opportunity. the team has changed and grown even stronger from my initial meeting. It was a good exposure of the team and the type of environment within EY.

Interview Questions

• expand on the type of projects that I have worked on? Describe difficult client interaction   Answer Question