EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2017

202 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY in October 2017.

Interview

On Campus, 30-minute back to back, one case, one behavioral. Case was purely qualitative. Behavioral was a resume walk-through and grab bag of usual questions --- "tell me a time you failed? tell me a time you learned something?"

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume to a colleague and about 2 weeks later, I was reached out directly by a senior manager and scheduled a quick 30-minute interview/phone screening. The senior manager described the position and talked about himself, gave me time to talk about myself as well, and then asked questions based on my resume.
    After about 2 weeks, a recruiter emailed me and asked if I was available to go in for an on-site interview to meet with the partner (head honcho), and other senior managers. This wasn't a super day event, so the candidates interviewing for the same position were there just to interview and then fly out after the interviews were done.
    The interviews were back-to-back, started off with the partner, then 2 other senior managers. The interview with the partner was very relaxed. Stay confident. They know if you're tense. He just wants to get to know you! The first senior manager was semi-behavioral and semi-technical. He asked questions based on my resume. The third senior manager was very technical. He got to the nitty gritty about the things on my resume and asked a couple technical questions. Be ready to write the solution to a question on a whiteboard or piece of paper.
    My advice: Study everything on your resume, practice practice practice interviewing, be yourself and be confident

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Case and personality interview, same generic stuff as all the mid-tier companies, its all really accountants trying to be consultants. Lots of over formality in the process and they try to act like they are a top 3 consulting firm, but then quickly admit they are a mid tier.

Interview Questions

• Why Do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. I was interviewed by 4 ppl at EY campus. 2Technical &2PMP. Technical interview: they wanted to know how things work. They wanted me to explain process and basics nothing deep. PMP was good they are looking for your communication skills and how do you react to the situations and how do you approach a situation. Overall it was a good interview. They said they will let me know the result in 1-2 weeks. Fingers crossed. waiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• how do you handled crappy boss,   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Long process over the stretch of 4 months with many people in the group, easy interviews with pleasant enough people, one that asked pointed and more difficult questions didn’t know anything about the field, great feedback from all people, but the person that made the ultimate decision never interviewed me and axed me. I wish they did not drag me out for so long.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The first step is a call with a recruiter for qualification, essentially they are insuring you are a qualified candidate and they will schedule a true first round. The first round is generally a phone call with a Manager or Senior Manager, in which they will ask you about your experiences and interview you based on the role you apply for. You generally will then attend one or several face to face interviews that will be technical, behavioral and may include a formal or informal case study.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail and process which you know well.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Conversational interview with a few formal questions inserted. Interview many consisted of attempted to connect with the interviewer. Was able to ask as many questions as I desired about the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership characteristics and how you would lead a team.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY in November 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview and we spoke mostly about my background and research. After that the interviewer explained in details about the internship position I was applying for. He was very friendly and the interview was a very pleasant experience. It took some time to get a reply, but after about 2 weeks, I got admitted to the final interview in New York. It is coming in about 10 days, so keep your fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research. Why do you want to work for Ernst and Young? What is your finance and coding experience?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

EY asked all of its potential new hires to attend a networking event (with trivia) the night before, which lasted 2 hours, at which candidates would have a chance to meet and interact with those who would be interviewing them and others who work within the department for which the candidate was interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you worked in a team setting to get something done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

2 round: 1 on campus (Behavioral + case) ; 2 (2 behavioral, 1 case and 1 group case). pretty straight forward. EY folks are very friendly, so behavioral interviews were like conversations. The only challenging part was the group case. But it was more about how you work in a team.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about EY and our group?   1 Answer