EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I did on-campus interviewing so prior to any official interviews I had attended multiple campus networking events and gotten to know quite a few people. My official first-round interviews consisted of 2 back-to-back on interviews. One case interview and one more casual behavioral interview. Both were related to my practice of interest (People and Change). After passing the first round, I attended Mega-Day in Dallas. That was held Friday evening and Saturday morning. Interviews included several rounds of case and behavioral interviews including an interview with a partner, as well as a group interview which was a short case and presentation. I heard back about a week later with my offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY in October 2015.

Interview

I felt like the whole process was kind of fluffy - like they didn't really care about my skills or qualifications, they just wanted someone who would fit their bill. From the beginning they made it clear that they wanted to satisfy their diversity initiative, which makes it extremely challenging for a white male to get a job there without strong connections. No feedback was provided, which is a major pet peeve of mine.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus. Had an on-campus interview. It was a 30-minutes interview with background and behavior questions. Got an rejection after one week. I emailed to the recruiter to ask for a possible reason since I thought we had a good talk, but he said he won't able to provide for it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

1st interview is with an EY HR representative over the phone. About 10-15 mins where they ask why you want to join EY and why you are leaving your current firm.
    Then another phone interview by Senior Manager on team that you will be working on. This lasts approximately 45 mins. Most of the questions are behavioral and also walking through them your resume.
    Then you come in for a super day. Four interviews are done by different Senior Managers on team. They are about 30 minutes each. The super day lasts half a day at the EY offices.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they took two weeks to get back me. First, I talked with HR person who scheduled phone interview with manager the same week. The following week I was invited for onsite interview in NYC headquarters, to have multiple 1:1 interviews with manager director and senior managers.

The HR and hiring team was very respectful and friendly.

I did not get the offer but even if I had got I had doubts I would like to work in consulting environment. Nevertheless, the overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Quantitative questions related to my professional experience and specific examples. Certainly, they were few behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Hiring process was fast and recruiter was available to contact and talk for any questions.
    First round with Senior Manager.
    then 4 face o face technical interviews with Senior managers.
    Last interview with partner.
    After that phone interview with HR to discuss the offer.

Interview Questions

• Interview was mostly behavioral. No difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they do not negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Got an on campus interview then a super day which lasted half a day at the New York office. Super day had a writing section, couple of behavior interviews and a case interview. The process was not too bad

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

First round-phone interview, then interviewed by one manager and one partner in the super day. In general, I was asked by behavior questions. The questions are similar to other Big four or consulting firm questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Two phone behavioral interviews, two phone interviews with management, one in-person interview. They wanted to know if previous experience working in IT would translate to a senior consultant role. Also wanted to ensure that if offered a job I would be willing to travel to a client location every week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were given an ambiguous assignment and expected to complete it. Why are you looking to leave your current company?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

EY flew me in to meet the FSO practice I was interviewing for. They had several group introductions with Senior Managers and Partners. I interviewed with 4 people; an internal recruiter from HR, a manager, senior manager, and a partner/principal. They asked basic questions like, "Walk me through your resume," "Tell me about yourself," "Why consulting or what experience do you have in consulting or client services." All of the interviews were friendly and conversational.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had ever worked for someone younger than me and how would I handle working for someone younger than me.   Answer Question