EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Start with HR interview on the phone. Then I was invited to visit office and interview with Sr, manager and partner. It took about 30 minuets interview with each interviewer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process is very slow, and you need to have loads of patience till you get to the final round. Usually, onsite interview will be the last round for most of the companies.
    However, in my case, after clearing the onsite interview(5 rounds) at NYC office, EY has scheduled one more round with some senior manager(if I remember his name correctly, it was Ash Kaduskar).
    And, this interview was a typical stress interview which is like your answer should exactly match the one in his mind else you are unfit for the role. One of the question I was asked is "Why do you think US population is more than India?"
    Anyway, I am glad that I didn't through the "final"round.
    I must say overall experience is very bad!

Interview Questions

• "Why do you think US population is more than India?"   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very organized interview process. Questions were moderate and professional. Great information about the firm was shared. I spoke to leaders and learned more about what I was getting into. Multiple phone conversations and 1 in person meeting.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

1st interview is with an EY HR representative over the phone. About 10-15 mins where they ask why you want to join EY and why you are leaving your current firm.
    Then another phone interview by Senior Manager on team that you will be working on. This lasts approximately 45 mins. Most of the questions are behavioral and also walking through them your resume.
    Then you come in for a super day. Four interviews are done by different Senior Managers on team. They are about 30 minutes each. The super day lasts half a day at the EY offices.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they took two weeks to get back me. First, I talked with HR person who scheduled phone interview with manager the same week. The following week I was invited for onsite interview in NYC headquarters, to have multiple 1:1 interviews with manager director and senior managers.

The HR and hiring team was very respectful and friendly.

I did not get the offer but even if I had got I had doubts I would like to work in consulting environment. Nevertheless, the overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Quantitative questions related to my professional experience and specific examples. Certainly, they were few behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Campus recruiting and final super day interview with 3 manager and one partner; first round 30 min then final with pre-night dinner. It's nice people and all goes smoothly except the waiting periods between the two interviews are very very long. I think it is because this is a campus recruiting and they need to wait for all the campus ones finished before they start the final process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

First Round Interview. Applied through college career website, and got the interview on campus. All behavior questions. The whole process is about 30 minutes. There is also option to change to junior consultant, which is more basic work, but I refused.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience contacting with the clients?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

1st round phone interview with a manager, more behavioral questions and prior work experience. Second round with 4 ppl including a ED and a partner. Wait for a month to get another round of phone interview with a ED. Then offer comes.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

People were very nice and asked very basic questions. I felt very included and not like I was being attacked in any way. I have been to uncomfortable interviews, and this certainly was not one. I felt that it was both challenging and easy at times, and that the people were genuinely interested in who I was as a candidate and what questions I had.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with many different individuals over a single day. Was asked many questions to see how I process information and lead.

Interview Questions

• How do I prepare for travel make sure I take the most advantage of the limited time while at the location.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation