EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied through the company website. I got a call from recruiter within 3 days (on a tuesday). She interviewed me over th phone for 30 minutes. Later she scheduled an interview with a senior manager day after (on a Thursday), which was followed by series of 1:1 interview with partners and principals (on a friday). Total 8 interviews (2 Phone + 6 1:1). Later I was informed on Wednesday next week that the interviewers liked me. they wanted to make an offer. After almost 2 weeks actual offer was made. later they started the Background investigation and rest of the formalities. Interview was more about how well I could sell my resume to them than a pure technical one.

Interview Questions

• I dont see how you fit in to this position, I am not yet convinced about hiring you for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was quite happy with the offer, I did not try to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they took two weeks to get back me. First, I talked with HR person who scheduled phone interview with manager the same week. The following week I was invited for onsite interview in NYC headquarters, to have multiple 1:1 interviews with manager director and senior managers.

The HR and hiring team was very respectful and friendly.

I did not get the offer but even if I had got I had doubts I would like to work in consulting environment. Nevertheless, the overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Quantitative questions related to my professional experience and specific examples. Certainly, they were few behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Received a screening phone call from a recruiter, which lasted about 30 minutes and was a review of my resume and my new employment desires/expectations. I was contacted a couple of weeks later by another recruiter who wanted to arrange for an on-site interview in NYC. The company provided me transportation and lodging to the interviews. The interviews began at 9am and last for three hours. During that time, i had quick, 30 minute interviews with 2 partners, 2 senior managers, and someone from HR. Interviews basically consisted of my elevator speech, my previous education/employment history, and what I am looking for in employment. I was contacted a few days later with results and the news that they wished to extend me an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate; offer exceeded expectations.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Was referred to a partner directly, who had HR contact me. I applied online after being directed to do so and the interview process was very quick. Was taking a position in another regional office, so no in-person interviews (another Big4 flew me out to have in-person interviews). I had a screening with the HR rep, a phone call with a senior manager, and a video-conference with the partner of the group.

(while I was at EY i was heavily involved in interviewing process and I know it takes a while for some people to get through the process. This largely depends on each employee's availability (with heavy schedules and travel) and also the fluctuations of the resource needs (sometimes projects will end and other existing employees need assigned work, so they will hold off on hiring until upcoming projects are abundant enough to utilize a new resource).

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about my work experience, some technical experience with respect to the group's service offering, and experience engaging with clients. Never had any case studies.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Start with HR interview on the phone. Then I was invited to visit office and interview with Sr, manager and partner. It took about 30 minuets interview with each interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process is very slow, and you need to have loads of patience till you get to the final round. Usually, onsite interview will be the last round for most of the companies.
    However, in my case, after clearing the onsite interview(5 rounds) at NYC office, EY has scheduled one more round with some senior manager(if I remember his name correctly, it was Ash Kaduskar).
    And, this interview was a typical stress interview which is like your answer should exactly match the one in his mind else you are unfit for the role. One of the question I was asked is "Why do you think US population is more than India?"
    Anyway, I am glad that I didn't through the "final"round.
    I must say overall experience is very bad!

Interview Questions

• "Why do you think US population is more than India?"   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

First Round Interview. Applied through college career website, and got the interview on campus. All behavior questions. The whole process is about 30 minutes. There is also option to change to junior consultant, which is more basic work, but I refused.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience contacting with the clients?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Met with the HR manager first, follow by a half day of interviews with multiple senior managers and partners. I got the feeling that they were selective to began with and that only candidates with a certain pedigree was brought in.

Interview Questions

• My experience in the field or practice area, not too many behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Campus recruiting and final super day interview with 3 manager and one partner; first round 30 min then final with pre-night dinner. It's nice people and all goes smoothly except the waiting periods between the two interviews are very very long. I think it is because this is a campus recruiting and they need to wait for all the campus ones finished before they start the final process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

People were very nice and asked very basic questions. I felt very included and not like I was being attacked in any way. I have been to uncomfortable interviews, and this certainly was not one. I felt that it was both challenging and easy at times, and that the people were genuinely interested in who I was as a candidate and what questions I had.