EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview focuses on:
1>Why E&Y and why consulting domain
2>Why you - past, education
3>Why you in E&Y

Most questions are HR based and skills based. Lot of them are based on teaming, leadership and previous experience
Pay emphasis on culture, projects as well as industry analysis.
Be prepared for a case interview. Typically integration of 2 banks and technological, financial and cultural challenges.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you failed and explain the situation before and after?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were allowed as this was part of super day cum campus recruitment.
The offers for most people selected were same.
Usually negotiations are possible from role, title, and salary. They become accomdating if you have an offer from a competing big 4 firm.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and went through one interview.

Interview Questions

• Was given a business case to identify a solution to a compliance problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very organized interview process. Questions were moderate and professional. Great information about the firm was shared. I spoke to leaders and learned more about what I was getting into. Multiple phone conversations and 1 in person meeting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I was called by a staffing agency for this position. After a long phone conversation with the staffing agency, I was told that about my phone interview with an E&Y personnel.

Phone Interview: Interview was for about 30-40 minutes. Started with the basic questions in regards to my prior education and prior experience. The discussion then went into the projects that I have worked on and my role in each project. The interviewer allowed me to explain each project that was in my resume and would ask questions on them. Fairly easy questions based on the project itself.

Once I cleared this interview, I was informed about the 1:1 interview with 4 employees from E&Y. The 4 interviewers held independent (different) positions and had questions based on their requirements. Initial process was same and I had to explain my background and skill sets along with the projects listed on the resume. Specific question were asked, but again they were based on my projects and experience.

On clearing this process, I was interview 1:1 by a partner who was the leading the department where I was suppose to work. Questions were again about my background. The only difference was that the partner asked me more about the consulting industry and my preference for consulting. He wanted to make sure that I understand the expectations of being a consultant working at client locations.

These were all the interviews that I gave. Unfortunately, the salary was a question mark and I didnt get through. I had a very positive experience and each of the interviewers were very respectful and gave great feedback to my questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple expectations from multiple people while having a time crunch   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

1st round phone interview with a manager, more behavioral questions and prior work experience. Second round with 4 ppl including a ED and a partner. Wait for a month to get another round of phone interview with a ED. Then offer comes.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I was connected to Ernst & Young through a recruiter. Prior to interviewing them I was with PwC. I went through two rounds of interviews. During the first round I interviewed two managers and an HR representative. They took me through a classic behavioral interview. It felt more like they were trying to get to know me than it felt like I was being evaluated. The second round was with the group's lead partner.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have my CPA completed at the time, so the most difficult question for me to answer was why I hadn't taken the exam yet. The interview was behavioral, if you do research on behavioral interviews and practice you'll be fine. I would say the most difficult part was not so much the questions during my interview, but the number of interviews I had during that day. During the first round, be ready to interview three to four people in one day.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was good. They wanted me aboard so they were willing to accommodate my requests.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

They started of with 2 phone interviews then I was invited for an office interview with 3 Senior Managers and a Partner. The interview was mostly behavioral questions and general discussion about my resume. We spoke in great detail about the team what they do, and what they expect. The questions that were ask was more focused around getting a feel for if I would enjoy the position, what can I bring to the team and the vision of the group

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was pretty solid. Don't expect to be a millionaire

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

First over phone by HR person, then over phone by senior manager on experience, what I am looking for and some of the challenges faced. Then office interview with various managers. Based on my resume, various questions on ERM, process improvements, internal audits and controls.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Fit interview with some behavior questions. Mostly see if I get along with them.
    The process was quite long, like 6 hour long. I met all the managerial staff of the team I interviewed with. Overall the experience was pleasant. I did not get an offer perhaps because I was under qualified.

Interview Questions

• CMBS question, effect of recent Fed move to CMBS price.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with many different individuals over a single day. Was asked many questions to see how I process information and lead.

Interview Questions

• How do I prepare for travel make sure I take the most advantage of the limited time while at the location.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation