EY Staff Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Staff Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.7

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The first round interview was at the University. If you pass the first round, you are invited to Chicago for the second round of interviews. EY puts interviewees up in a nice hotel, and a casual dinner is held the night before the second round interviews. 3 separate people employees perform a non technical interview, and EY treats interviewees to a small group lunch after the process is complete. Offers are given within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 3 Strengths and 3 Weaknesses   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Completely personal, no technical question. The interviewer was very down to earth and easy to talk to. The questions weren't difficult and pretty standard that you will see on the big four.

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths weaknesses etc. What have you done to address weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked questions about standard accounting applications that you learn in school, be ready to answer these questions and explain your answer. You need to know a lot about the accounting industry and be ready to learn because they teach you a lot of stuff that you should be able to pick up on the fly.

Interview Questions

• How do you treat for depreciation of fixed assets for a technology company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I attended EY's Emerging Leaders Program the summer prior, so I skipped the first round of interviews for the full-time Staff Accountant position. I had an in-house full day interview with 3 different EY'ers- 1 staff, 1 manager, and 1 partner. We had in-house HR presentations as well as presentations from partners about the local market. I received an offer via phone call just a few hours after my last interview! The interviewers were incredible, and it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were under time pressure.
      How do you work on a team?
      What are your interests?
      Why are you interested in accounting?
      Why EY?
      Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Spent a lot of time focused on formulaic question and had a checklist of them. Interviewer ticked them off as he asked them, which I think, was indicative of a personality shared by other people I met from the firm.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Go through many interviews, make sure you are very prepared they will ask you lots of questions

Interview Questions

• Name a current event going on in the accounting industry currently   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2013.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter over the phone and answered a few screening questions. I then received another phone call inviting me to the office for an additional round of interviews with a few partners. There was no 'panel' as each partner interviewed me in their own offices. I was led from office to office by a current EY employee working as a host/liaison for the scheduled office interviews for the day. Once I completed my interviews with the partners (I believe there were 3), I was led by the host on an office tour and then all of the interviewees are taken to lunch by their hosts at a local restaurant. This part is more important than you think. This is where you are supposed to let your natural personality ring through to the hosts, this is where you make small talk, socialize, etc. It is supposed to be a relaxing lunch with your future coworkers (if all goes well). While they don't have the final say in whether or not you get an offer, they are consulted by the partners as to their experience with you. As I currently am an employee, I have heard some hosts tell partners that a person doesn't seem like a good fit or that a persons seems 'strange' or inauthentic. So my advice is to just be yourself during this portion and not spew or regurgitate your internet research about the company to your hosts.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

-I was hired from on campus. The process was an interview with one person on campus. Then I was given an in-house interview at the office location. There I interviewed with three different people. The questions were more behavioral. I do not remember any technical accounting questions.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Newark, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

It was a smooth and very easy experience as i was hired straight out of college. Interviewed through an organization i was a member of through a fair and then called back for a 2nd interview the Monday after the fair and got my job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Very similar to the other big four. I had an excellent experience, all the people I met were great. I was flown out, put up in a hotel, and compensated for my expenses. The interview consisted of a information session, two interviews, and a lunch.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with problems.   1 Answer