EY Staff Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 19, 2017

2.7

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy. All the questions the interviewer asked were general. I believe the focus was more on behavior. No technical questions were asked. Nothing about accounting. Be prepared to talk about previous experience and leadership experience. I think they also asked me about expectations, goals (both short-term and long-term).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The first round interview was at the University. If you pass the first round, you are invited to Chicago for the second round of interviews. EY puts interviewees up in a nice hotel, and a casual dinner is held the night before the second round interviews. 3 separate people employees perform a non technical interview, and EY treats interviewees to a small group lunch after the process is complete. Offers are given within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 3 Strengths and 3 Weaknesses   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Completely personal, no technical question. The interviewer was very down to earth and easy to talk to. The questions weren't difficult and pretty standard that you will see on the big four.

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths weaknesses etc. What have you done to address weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked questions about standard accounting applications that you learn in school, be ready to answer these questions and explain your answer. You need to know a lot about the accounting industry and be ready to learn because they teach you a lot of stuff that you should be able to pick up on the fly.

Interview Questions

• How do you treat for depreciation of fixed assets for a technology company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I attended EY's Emerging Leaders Program the summer prior, so I skipped the first round of interviews for the full-time Staff Accountant position. I had an in-house full day interview with 3 different EY'ers- 1 staff, 1 manager, and 1 partner. We had in-house HR presentations as well as presentations from partners about the local market. I received an offer via phone call just a few hours after my last interview! The interviewers were incredible, and it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were under time pressure.
      How do you work on a team?
      What are your interests?
      Why are you interested in accounting?
      Why EY?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (Kansas City, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

Behavior type interview questions with three different members of the firm: partner, senior manager, and manager. I felt as though the interview was equal parts me getting to know them and them getting to know me

Interview Questions

• How do you maintain balance between school and activities   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2014.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview process. Came in for an office visit followed up by a series of interviews with manager, Sr manager and office managing partner. All we're very nice and had a laid back interview style.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with 5 people, who would they be?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Spent a lot of time focused on formulaic question and had a checklist of them. Interviewer ticked them off as he asked them, which I think, was indicative of a personality shared by other people I met from the firm.

Staff Accountant () Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I ended up meeting with 3 senior associates. During the interview we discussed my overall experience professionally. We also discuss my academic experience and how it would coincide with my role as a intern.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were insure of an issue given to you and how did you approach it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Go through many interviews, make sure you are very prepared they will ask you lots of questions

Interview Questions

• Name a current event going on in the accounting industry currently   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation