EY Staff Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.6

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Staff Consultant Interview

Interview

relaxed, there were several behavioral interviews on super day and a case that was not that bad. met a lot of great people and eventually decided to join the firm.

Interview Questions

• i do not remember what interview questions i was asked, but probably why ey.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter shortly after applying for the position. I had In-person, video and phone interviews. Most questions were about my experience and skills listed on my resume..a few behavioral questions, which I had anticipated after reading glassdoor :) Review them behavioral questions and you will be A.OK.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 greatest strengths? A problem you've faced at work?   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Interview

1 On-Campus interview then a Super Friday with three interviews (2 partner interviews & 1 senior manager) interview. 1 Case interview along with 2 behavioral interviews. Interview process straight forward and similar to other Big 4 firms.

Interview Questions

• Describe past projects that you have worked on and the leadership role you played in these projects.   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Interview

The hiring process took a few months and included about 6 interviews. This took a long time since they had an issue with their location needs that was not resolved very quickly. Overall, they were pretty responsive and I ended up with a better position than what I applied for.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical behavioral and case questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screen followed by "Superday", but it was only a 30 minute interview with 2 managers. The questions were very easy fit questions and it was relaxed environment. You could tell that the managers enjoyed working there, as they raved about the firm's culture. Ultimately decided that the position wouldn't utilize my background and took a different position.

Interview Questions

• Experiences working with a team   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied through college career center. The process took a week, and I was notified for an on campus interview. The first round was behavior by a senior manager. The process was very chill and way less structural compared other big four. They really just wanted to know you as a person. The second round was what they called superday. We were invited to Dallas for on Thursday following a reception, where you can meet all interviewers and other candidates. FOOD AND ROOMS WERE AMAZING! Before the interview started the second day, a partner talked to us about EY and MAKE SURE ASK QUESTIONS AFTERWARDS!!!! Then 2 behavior and 1 case study. I believe behavior interviews were more important than the case one, but make sure to demonstrate strong communication skills during the case interview. A shuttle will send you to airports afterwards.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviewing was detailed and thorough. Most of the questions focused on technology capabilities and process improvement experience. Interviewers were very amiable and the questions were mostly behavioral based. The process was more lengthy than I had anticipated, with an initial interview with a recruiter, followed up with a phone interview with a Manager. I then had a day long interview session of 1:1 interviews and a 2:1 interview with a Partner & Sr. Manager.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question asked was my knowledge of and experience with, multiple different ERPs and bolt-on software.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, EY tells you what you will make.

Staff Consultant Interview

Interview

It really depends on who interviews you. If you can, try and talk to people that have interviewed their before so you can get a wide range of experiences. This will have you be the best prepared.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a bigger starting salary

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Amazing process. The super day was really pleasant. The case study was not too difficult. Everyone was really nice and we went out to lunch afterwards. It consisted of 6 30-minute interviews with different members of the team. I could really see how awesome the team was and how well they work together.

Anonymous Employee in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Penn State University, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Had on campus interviews and preceded to the Super Day event. The super day event consisted of a meet and greet the night before and three back-to back - to back interviews with a Managers, Senior Manager, and a Partner. One interview was a case study, the other was the typical behavior based interview, and the third interview was simply attempting to figure out who you are as a person, your interests, and how you fit into the culture.

Interview Questions

• Mostly a conversational based interview, they asked me a case study question, I believe it was about bottlenecks. Talked about my interests with the Partner, pretty straightforward process.Mostly behavior based questions, i.e. tell me about a time when... These can be prepared for in any fashion, the STAR method is helpful. I didn't receive any obscure question, i.e. how many golf balls can fit in this room, it was pretty straightforward.   1 Answer