EY Interview Questions in Stamford, CT | Glassdoor

2.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Stamford, CT).

Interview

I applied online through my university and was asked to attend an on campus interview. It consisted of 2 thirty minute interviews, one with the campus recruiter and one with a senior manager. Both were very laid back with a few behavioral questions. We talked a lot about wanting to help the community and leadership and also talked sports for a little while. After the interview, it took about a 3 weeks to hear back that I was accepted.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time you were in a group where people weren't getting along? How did you help resolve the issue?   1 Answer
    • Tell me more about you   1 Answer
    • What do you want to get out of the conference?   1 Answer

Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Stamford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through online campus job board posting. A week later I was emailed by a recruiter asking to schedule a phone interview. Did the phone interview which consisted of the basic
    "give me a time you were a leader" "give me a time when you faced conflict" and they asked you to walk them through your resume, and three weeks later was invited for an office visit/superday. Super day consisted of 3 formal interviews, an informal interview/ get to know you over coffee, a case study, and an informal get to know you lunch. This all happened on the Friday, and 3 days later on the Monday they called me back and offered me the internship position.

Interview Questions

• What is the most complicated thing you have done in excel?   2 Answers

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Stamford, CT).

Interview

First interviewed with the senior manager running the department I'd eventually work in. This was in the IT consulting division, not audit or tax. After that, came back for second interview and met with four different partners. They gave their feedback to the senior manager and then I was offered the job.

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Stamford, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

Everyone is super friendly and welcoming. My first and second round interview, I thought was great but didn't receive an offer. They took 6 weeks to send me my rejection email instead of the two weeks they told us.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you took the leadership role in a group and how did others respond to it ?   Answer Question

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Stamford, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by office interview with senior manager and Partner. Basic Questions but I was very prepared and had several interviews prior with other companies so I knew what I was doing. Be prepared for any questioned and be relaxed and show your enthusiasm and you will be fine.

Tax Staff Interview

Application

Interview

I had a phone interview which then progressed on to an on-site interview at the office. I met with a manager and senior manager. When I applied, I felt very comfortable in the interviews and felt as though my interviewers wanted to get to know me on a persona level, not just a business technical level.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions regarding teaming. They also asked a lot of questions so they got to know you on a personal level.   2 Answers

IT Risk & Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Stamford, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

Got email after applying through university recruiting, as well as online application. Had Two rounds of interviews - first round was on campus, with a manager. Second round was at the office I had applied for. Three interviews in second round, one case interview and two general interviews.

Interview Questions

• Case interview was specific to IT and Risk Assurance position - a company needs to work on its IT infrastructure to make it more efficient.

What should be done - modifications, upgrades and transformations, integration? SWOT analysis.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Stamford, CT) in July 2013.

Interview

One interview, met with a senior manager and partner I would eventually work for. General questions on myself and my background. Very little technical questions asked. Partner gave an overview of the firm and an in depth discussion on the company picnic every summer. This will vary on a person by person basis, some people will ask different questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recruiter handled all negotiations on my behalf.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Stamford, CT) in May 2013.

Interview

Off-cycle, I was contacted by a recruiter after she acquired my information from EY's application database. Had an initial phone screening and then we proceeded to set up and interview. 2 weeks following initial contact, I was in the office for an interview. There I met with 2 professionals- one a manager, the other a sr. manager. The interviews each lasted 30-45mins. The interview format was very relaxed and informal. It was not a typical Q&A style interview.

Interview Questions

• Your experience is in tax, why are you applying for an audit position?   Answer Question