EY Summer Tax Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Summer Tax Intern Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I attended a couple of campus events and applied through my school's career website. The first round interview was 30 mins. It was more like a conversation and my interviewer went thought my resume. My interviewer was so nice. I got the office visit notice on the following day. The office visit was about 4 hours, one presentation, one panel discussion and two 30 mins interview then lunch. The first interview was a tax partner and the second one was a tax manager. I was nervous when I know the first one is a partner because My friend got two managers. The partner was very friendly. He asked me about 4 behavioral questions. The questions were very specific, My second interviewer was very nice as well. He basically went through my resume with me. Overall, the whole experience was very good. I like it, everyone was so nice, I think it is EY culture. The following day, I received the phone call from the recruiter to extend my offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

The first interview was on-campus and included a pre-night. Everyone at the pre-night was very friendly, make sure to talk to as many people as possible. My on-campus interview was relaxed and was with a partner that I ate dinner with the night before at the pre-night. There wasn't any technical or behavioral questions. The partner invited me to the second-round of interviews on the spot and used the rest of the time to tell me about the office-visit interview. Two weeks later, I attended the "super day." The day consisted of a presentation, a panel discussion with a Tax Director, and then two interviews, one with a manager and one with a partner. The interview with the manager seemed to be awkward on purpose--they want to make sure you can start and hold a conversation. He asked mostly behavioral questions about teamwork, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Make sure you have a lot of questions to ask. The next interview with a tax partner was super relaxed, we talked about the company culture, his background, and sports. The day ends with a lunch with your assigned mentor for the day with the rest of the group.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'll fit in better with the culture at EY as opposed to the other Big 4?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Summer Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by a Tax partner and another associate director from Ernst & Young Solutions LLP. The questions were rather straightforward as they attempted to warm their candidates up.

Subsequently, they proceeded to ask me more about my resume, interests and motivation for a tax career. In overall, the interviewers were very nice and friendly.