EY Tax Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Tax Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2017

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EY (India, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

there were 4 rounds gd apptitude hr n tecnical interview porcess is very long its very important to brush up on accounting skills be confident.. in gd for general topics were listed u have to choose one n speak for a min .. in apptitude accounts eng n reasoning que were given each for 20 min, HR round is oly a causal talk .. after 3 weeks i was called for a tecnical round

Interview Questions

• abt myself, gloden rules of accounting
    why ey
    derivatives
    they asked me to draw a balance sheet
    diff btw provisions and reserves
    journal entry
    excel shortcuts
    diff btw amortisation dep n impairment   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

They came on campus, we had an aptitude test and resume drop. Then we had an interview that day followed by a super day with 6 interviews. I was asked to do a couple of cases for them, and then there were a bunch of behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• There was one interview with two interviewers and they asked me if both of them had exactly the same qualifications and had joined the company at the same time which one of them would I think deserved a raise.   Answer Question

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New Delhi (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

There was a GD followed by a technical interview and then an HR round. They knew we are freshers and did not expect us to have in-depth technical knowledge. They did expect honesty and confidence.

Interview Questions

• GD - Freedom of speech on social media.

What is your strongest area in tax?
      What are your career plans?
      Why EY?
      Your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview;

1. (For experienced) One to one discussion on the technical aspects. (For freshers) there will be a Group Discussion

2. Email composing, quants, accounting and verbal test (all are written tests)

3. HR round (technical)

Knowledge of journal entries is the key to crack the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through college placement from my university
    There were 3 round Group discussion,Technical round,HR rounds and there was no aptitude test in my college because they only wanted 70% UG

Interview Questions

• Our job topic was is GST good for india or not?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

i applied through employee referral at Bangalore The first round was GD where we were asked to pick any topic and talk about it and the second round was aptitude and then email writing. Most of the candidates along with me had also cleared the round , but finally they told there are no openings for now and we would be contacted later if there is any.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

In the first round we were asked to pick any topic and talk about it and the second round was aptitude and then email writing. Most of the candidates along with me had also cleared the round , but finally they told there are no openings for now and we would be contacted later if there is any.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

They first interviewed me for tax openings.. I made a path for myself till the last round.. they told they would call me for the last round telling that I've cleared the written test.. Got a mail too regarding that but later on when asked for update, they said that there are no openings for tax.. Sounds funny.. but it was a real bummer.. hate it.. try to be sure and clear

Interview Questions

• General Questions from your resume   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

There were 5 rounds of interview. The 1st was a communication test. 2nd was an aptitude test. 3rd was an HR round. 4th was a technical round and 5th was a Manager round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process involves 4-5 rounds.
    Once your resume is submitted, You will be called in with all the other candidates for

1st Round - Group Discussion (Speak about one topic among the few options given to you confidently with good grammar and vocabulary)

2nd Round - Aptitude Test (60 Qns. 1 hour to complete. 20mrks Accounting/Tax + 20mrks Logic and Reasoning + 20mrks English)

3rd Round - HR (Basic questions will be asked to know how you speak and interact with the person)

4th Round - Technical/Manager Round.

Interview Questions

• Are you planning on pursuing any further studies?   1 Answer