EY Tax Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Tax Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EY (India, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

there were 4 rounds gd apptitude hr n tecnical interview porcess is very long its very important to brush up on accounting skills be confident.. in gd for general topics were listed u have to choose one n speak for a min .. in apptitude accounts eng n reasoning que were given each for 20 min, HR round is oly a causal talk .. after 3 weeks i was called for a tecnical round

Interview Questions

• abt myself, gloden rules of accounting
    why ey
    derivatives
    they asked me to draw a balance sheet
    diff btw provisions and reserves
    journal entry
    excel shortcuts
    diff btw amortisation dep n impairment   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

They came on campus, we had an aptitude test and resume drop. Then we had an interview that day followed by a super day with 6 interviews. I was asked to do a couple of cases for them, and then there were a bunch of behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• There was one interview with two interviewers and they asked me if both of them had exactly the same qualifications and had joined the company at the same time which one of them would I think deserved a raise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied on their own recruiting website. Got a call a couple of days later to schedule an interview with the senior manager. Met the senior manager, and was very nice and laid-back. Crazy part that i wasnt ready for was that the interview ended with me taking something of a test. I was given tax data and was told to fill out the tax form. I was given 20 minutes. When i finished, i handed my sheet in and that was the end of the interview. I was told i would get a call if they wanted to hire me. Sure enough not 3 hours had passed when i got the call from EY saying that they wanted to hire me and when i could start. Very quick to respond to my application and got an offer same-day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle a large number of tax returns from multiple clients?   1 Answer
    • Can you meet deadlines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2019.

Interview

Interviewed for a tax analyst position in the EY Service & Delivery department. Had a pre-recorded digital interview, got called into the Jacksonville office for a 3 round face to face interview. The interview process was fairly easy, no difficult questions or case study. I got an offer for the position, but the pay was significantly low for such a big company. I noticed the Service and Delivery Center for EY had a fair amount of not so positive reviews. That alongside the low compensation, I declined the offer.

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through a placement agency.

The initial process included public speaking which was to test your communication skills and on spot thinking, followed by letter writing and MCQ questions which were used to test the accounting knowledge, english analytical skills and basic mathematical problem solving.

I was shortlisted and the next level is scheduled in a month.

Interview Questions

• Too many questions on journal entries. Brush up accounting skills if you need to.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't negotiate if you are a fresher.

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

1st round was communication round 'pick n speak'. Pick a topic & speak for 1 min.
    2nd apti- In that 1 email writing followed by aptitude test consisting of three sections Finance+apti, Logical Reasoning & Verbal ability. Each section consist of 20 Qs total 70 mins test. 1st you will be given Email writing for 10 mins, then finance+ Apti Qs. for 20 mins, Then LR & VA. After every 20 mins HR will take 1 section Qs. & gives Qs. for next section.
    3rd -HR round just a casual talk about yourself
    4th- The most trickiest round Technical round. Be prepare with everything you have read from PUC till your masters. from gross profit, credit rating, income statement, derivatives & swaps. every thing u have studied in finance & accounts.
    5th- Interview with manager thats easy just normal talk about your goals, why EY why Tax?

Interview Questions

• on Credit rating, entries from trading a/c to B/S
            , Derivatives, Swaps & its process, Debentures bond What is YTM ? & Factoring etc

Questions were
      NPV or IRR which one you prefer.
      Whats the diff b/w EBIT & Gross Profit.
      What is YTM
      Diff b/w Debentures & loan
      What are Derivative, types of derivatives
      What do u understand by Factoring
      what are credit ratings
      Effects of low credit rating
      whats are Swaps
      How swaps work
      Draw an Income statement.
      Diff b/w bill of lading & Invoice. &
      Some Journal entries on EMI, Bad debts recovered, Fixed asset sold for more then the BV etc   2 Answers

Negotiation

For freshers its 3lpa. Cant negotiate 285k fix & 15k Variable

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

I went for d walk-in interview for Tax Analyst position at Bangalore,India.The process includes GD/Public speaking ,apti test,hr and technical round.In the first round i.e public speaking ,there were 4 topics,one should choose anyone of d same & speak about that for 2mins.This is mainly to check the communication skills of the candidate and I cleared this one. Next round is the apti test which includes 1.email writing 2.accounting 3.maths & logical 4.English. Each section was limited by time.Apti round was full of technical question.Unfortunately,i couldn't clear this round.

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I went for a walk in interview for the Tax analyst position.
    First round was Communication test. They gave us 4 topics, had to choose one and speak on it. Fairly simple. Few selected ppl qualified for the next round which was aptitude test. It was a bit tough and in 3 sections. Those who qualified were called for the next round that is HR the next day. HR round was very basic, sort of an introduction.
    Now am waiting for the Technical round call, hopefully soon, its been a week already.

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Had 4 rounds in total.
    1. communication round. They give u 4 topics and u have to pick one topic n speak about it fr 2 mins.
    2. Aptitude round. Contains 60 questions and an email writing. 20 questions each from English Arithmetic and accounts.
    3. Hr round. Basic hr questions.
    4. Technical cum managerial round. This s very important.

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

applied through campus recruitment; cleared the aptitude round, tax certification round and hr round; but for the final round, i was asked to attend the final interview of another profile( in SFT).
    the call to attend the final round was very abrupt.
    i was called around 1.00 pm and asked to attend the interview scheduled on the same day at 3.30 pm.

Interview Questions

• hr round questions are fairly simple: about yourself, strengths, where you see yourself in 5 years, why ey, and family background.
      the final round questions: what are derivatives, debt instruments, fixed and fluctuating interest rates, what is your take on investing where interest rates are fixed or fluctuating.   1 Answer