EY Tax Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Tax Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EY (India, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

there were 4 rounds gd apptitude hr n tecnical interview porcess is very long its very important to brush up on accounting skills be confident.. in gd for general topics were listed u have to choose one n speak for a min .. in apptitude accounts eng n reasoning que were given each for 20 min, HR round is oly a causal talk .. after 3 weeks i was called for a tecnical round

Interview Questions

• abt myself, gloden rules of accounting
    why ey
    derivatives
    they asked me to draw a balance sheet
    diff btw provisions and reserves
    journal entry
    excel shortcuts
    diff btw amortisation dep n impairment
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

They came on campus, we had an aptitude test and resume drop. Then we had an interview that day followed by a super day with 6 interviews. I was asked to do a couple of cases for them, and then there were a bunch of behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• There was one interview with two interviewers and they asked me if both of them had exactly the same qualifications and had joined the company at the same time which one of them would I think deserved a raise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process involves 4-5 rounds.
    Once your resume is submitted, You will be called in with all the other candidates for

1st Round - Group Discussion (Speak about one topic among the few options given to you confidently with good grammar and vocabulary)

2nd Round - Aptitude Test (60 Qns. 1 hour to complete. 20mrks Accounting/Tax + 20mrks Logic and Reasoning + 20mrks English)

3rd Round - HR (Basic questions will be asked to know how you speak and interact with the person)

4th Round - Technical/Manager Round.

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Mumbai (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

It started with GD. The topic which I got was 'Is technology leading to unemployment?' Next was the Technical Round followed by Partner Round. Questions related to C.V were asked. Overall it was a good interview. The candidate should be well prepared. Communication skills are given importance.

Interview Questions

• Tax slabs. About GST. Education, Higher education cess. Why EY. Why Tax. Which one do you prefer Direct or Indirect. Tell me something about yourself. Current affairs. What do you think will be your job role as a Tax Analyst.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through Employee referal and i was interviewed at EY, bangalore.

There were 4 rounds;
    1st round was GD we had to choose a topic and speak about it for a minute, all general topics were given (smart work vs hard; is IPL a boon to cricket; Love marriage vs arrange marriage; Course or College which is important).

2nd round we had to write an email in 75-100 words and next was Aptitude test for 60 minutes, there was 3 sections(Accounting, Analytical and Numerical, Verbal) each section had 20 questions.

3rd round was HR, it was just a casual talk with the HR and few accounting question. After a week i got a call for the final round.

4th round was managerial round, all basic question about accounts and tax, few analytical questions like 1 kg of gold or 1 kg of cotton which is more. I was also given a case study to solve.
    Still waiting for call.

Interview Questions

• HR Round - Depriciation, Golden rules of accounting, and other basic question about accounts.
      Manager Round - 1 kg of gold or 1 kg of cotton which is more, what do you know about tax, Indirect tax.
      Answer Question

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

First round was pick and speak. Anyone who can speak confidently for a minute is selected.
    Next, aptitude consists of quant, logical reasoning and verbal abilities and basic accounting. 60 questions to be answered in an hour.
    The HR round is just a basic briefing about the job role and filling the application. And another HR round by the Ops.
    Finally followed by managerial round. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall a good experience but couldn't get through.
    First round was gd but they'll ask you to talk on a topic for a min given by them
    Second was aptitude, 60 ques to be attempted in 60 min
    Third was he round
    Then comes technical and managerial

Interview Questions

• One of the tax related ques which was asked-
      What are the tax slabs in india?
      1 Answer

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Chennai (India)).

Interview

The interview process starts with the quantitative aptitude test MCQ followed by group discussion, HR interview, technical interview. Then test includes four sections logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude, English vocabulary, accounting. HR interview asks about personality questions, etc

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY in December 2016.

Interview

There are 4 rounds GD, Aptitude test, HR round and Managerial round.
    You need to clear all 4 in order to be selected.
    Aptitude test will be of 60 marks out of which you need to score 45

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

1st Round was gd...it was simple, 2nd round was apti....i didnt get through that....it was difficult and they filter alot. Go through all basics of accounting , maths, english and logical reasoning and basics of computer.