EY Tax Senior Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Tax Senior Interview Questions

2.7

Tax Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Meet with two partners, one senior manager, and a manager. Looking for basic analysis skills, teamwork potential, and someone easy to work with. Discuss your background and experiences that are transferable to that practice group. Show an ability to look for work, knock on doors, make friends outside the practice area, and knowledge of utilization and chargeable hour requirements. Ask questions about the career track and the traits of successful associates, and feedback metrics.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join this particular practice group?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter and I contacted my office of choice through an internal referral. The recruiter in my office on choice contacted me and we had a quick phone interview. After that they called me into the office and I had two interviews with two partners. Afterwards, went out for lunch with a Manager and a Senior. The whole interview process was about two months.

Interview Questions

• Short 30 mins interviews with two partners. The questions were fairly straightforward since I was transferring companies in the same job field. What kind of projects I was working on at my previous company, why do I want to make a switch, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process can be long and drawn out, but I think they do this in order to make sure they are making great hiring decisions. I had two phone interviews with recruiting staff that were very friendly and conversational. A few weeks later I had a teleconference interview with the senior management team over the practice for which I had applied. These were light and very conversational as well. I was able to display my skills and apply my background to items they indicated could be a challenge in the position. A few weeks after, the original recruiter contacted me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember anything atypical   1 Answer

Tax Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

It is all about who you know. I had a friend from high school line me up, and a month later i had the job!

Interview Questions

• Very behavioral. No techical questions- as an experienced hire they already know that you are smart. They need to know if you are a good fit for the team, was more suprised how short the interview was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They took my high offer.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed as an experienced hire. Questions were most behavior based. First interview was with HR and then follow-up interview was with partner. Both were relaxed and interested in getting to know if a candidate is the right fit.

Negotiation

Room to negotiate for moving expenses.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Miami, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

The actual interviews (two rounds) were great and very productive. However, the overall process was long and took a considerable amount of time from the first interview to having an offer extended. This held up some other offers that were outstanding at the time. But overall, I felt like I made the right decision by joining EY.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

It was through a referral so quick and efficient. Upon phone interviews with a couple senior managers, I was invited to the office for more interviews with partners and other senior managers next week.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Antonio, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Came onbard as an experienced hire. Submitted my resume through a friend, and got a call for a phone interview after about one month. Passed the phone interview and went in to the local office for a second interview with 3 senior managers, one manager and a tax partner.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to leave my present employer and why I seemed to "switch jobs" often.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are an experienced hire, especially if you are licensed and are applying as a senior or above, definitely ask for them to increase the salary offered and ask for a signing bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Irvine, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Very complicated, however, was well organized to my surprise. I interviewed alongside 20 other candidates over a two-day period. The first day was an evening social where a mix of professionals and candidates attended. The next morning was a series of three interviews with Managers to area Managing Partners. Afterwords, we were taken out to lunch. During the entire process I was assigned a "buddy" that took me to my interviews and I was able to ask questions with the entire time.

Interview Questions

• The overall interview experience was unexpected. They did an excellent job of interviewing by asking life questions, asking my interests, and talking about life values, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was sent an offer packet in the mail on the day of the verbal offer. There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

i was schedualed an interview with 4 managers, 30 min for each. I actually had the chance to interview with both managers at once and 2 managers individually. Managers were very nice and friendly, they seem to be very close, and they don't intend to ask any complicated questions.