EY Tax Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

2.8

116 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY in March 2017.

Interview

2 Behavioral Interviews - First on phone, second office. The phone interview was very basic (30 minutes). The second round interview was with a couple of senior managers who were very nice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interviews with 4 different people. Interviewers were very nice and ask straightforward questions. The interview lasted about an hour total. Took about 3-4 weeks to hear back.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Positive interview experience. Interviewed with four separate people in New York City. Received an offer. Rest of space is to fill thirty word minimum, good luck!

Tax Staff Interview

Interview

Behavioral questions for two 30-minute interviews with a partner and a senior manager on campus
    After the first round, it was the second round with pre-interview dinner and the following day was the office tour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on campus and got a phone interview after 3 weeks. The whole process is easy and mainly consist of some basic behavioral questions. The interview is 30 minutes with a tax manager who is really nice. She would listen to your words and give you chances to ask questions. Do prepare some good questions. Also, make sure your response to each question would not be too long (keep in 3-5 minutes max). The second round interview would be on-site with 3 round. 2 round of behavioral interview, one round of case interview. Not thing is too technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round is on-campus interview, which is pretty simple, just talking. Second round is office tour, which include two behavior interviews. And these are basiclly the same as the first round.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation that you cannot get along well with a peer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Got first round interview through campus recruiting, my advice is to attend as many campus events including networking, information session as possible, be sure to bring your resume ALL THE TIME and be professional. Ask for business card to follow up after each talk. In addition, the Pre-night is very important because you will get chance to interact with your interviewer, so be sure to be proactive during that night.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you choose EY and what's you long term and short term goal? I'm also asked about my leadership experience. After that, they ask some behavioral questions like how do you manage your time? how would you get along with others? My advice is researching the company and getting to know what you want and display it well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

An employee referred me, and another employee who knew the HR person helped push my resume forward. The process took two weeks. I had one phone interview and was called the same day to come in for an in-person interview the following week. I had two back to back interviews, which were completely conversational, and then the staff and seniors took us to lunch. It was great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a mistake, and tell me how it was resolved and the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a senior manager who allowed me to paint the picture of who I was and what I was looking to contribute to the firm. I was then told about the position and given a phone screening. It was more like a conversation than an interview. I felt like I had finally found a place that could harness my diverse background and talents.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your best and worst qualities as it relates to your current role.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was somewhat simple. I first had a phone interview followed up inoffice interviews, that they call Superday. I had two thirty minute interviews with tax managers and a panel interview consisting of tax staff, a partner, and recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were proud of a inter-personal communiction situation and a time when you weren't. Run me through your resume.   Answer Question