EY Tax Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

115 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus website, took 2 weeks to get first round interview, and then went into the second round. Super day includes two interviews with a manager and a partner. They asked many behavioral questions. Nothing too tricky.Before or after the second interview, you will have an opportunity to meet current staff and ask questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Baltimore, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

15 minute relaxed phone interview screening (occurred a few weeks after submitting resume online). Then a 5 hour in person session. Introduced to home office, 2 interviews with 2 separate partners. Lunch with the tax group.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

campus interview behavior questions nothing special had prenight dinner so I already knew who gonna interview me, no tough question, recruiter let me ask lots questionscampus interview behavior questions nothing special had prenight dinner so I already knew who gonna interview me, no tough question, recruiter let me ask lots questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Cleveland, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I had the phone interview first and got a on site interview a week later. For the onsite interview, it took about a half day interview with two managers and a staff panel. Before the interview, there was a short welcoming speech and then people were led to different interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

on campus interview and then 3 interviews within the office with various levels of individuals (manager / senior manager / partner). More of a conversation than an interview. A lot of time spent is spent getting a feel for both the employer and the employee. They believe that you have the technical skills but want to make sure you will be a right fit for the firm.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to experience in the work environment?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

It's not an interview. It's a meet firms where you first submit your resume and talk to the recruiter. Submit resume in advance, because paper resume is not accepted. Then gave a brief self introduction. Make sure your self introduction is within one minute. Prepare for some questions for the recruiter. Do not talk to the recruiter if you don't do any research about their company. Many questions you can get the answer from their website.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most challenging tax class? Why?
      What part of Tax do you want to do?
      Do you think LLM degree is enough to work in EY?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewers asked general behavioral questions. They were really chill and answered all the remaining questions I had. I had two interviewers who made the interview very conversational. I also enjoyed the office visit a lot. Overall, recruiting for EY was such a great experience. Because the people were so nice, it made it very hard for me to choose between the big 4.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself, tell me about your resume, what do you plan to do in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Egypt, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Egypt, AR) in July 2015.

Interview

It was very professional and to the point,the HR associate was very friendly and the interview questions was very simple,They asked about the background,education and previous work experience,then highlighting what affects you in your life and if you like reading ,knowing your personality as a general view

Interview Questions

• What activities i did in university?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their salary for the training period may be little but afterthat you will have a great salary and career

Tax Staff Interview

Interview

it is campus recruiting, that is my first interview, i didnt prepare very well, so i feel a bit nervous, and that is a early morning, my interview start at 9 am, and when i go into the office, the recruiter seems like very nice to me, we have long conversation, the questions are all behavior questions and company concept and missions.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time if you didnt contribute a lot into a probject   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Stamford, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview which then progressed on to an on-site interview at the office. I met with a manager and senior manager. When I applied, I felt very comfortable in the interviews and felt as though my interviewers wanted to get to know me on a persona level, not just a business technical level.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions regarding teaming. They also asked a lot of questions so they got to know you on a personal level.   2 Answers