EY Tax Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

115 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds in total. 1st is on campus. 2nd is office visit. You will meet great people. Profession and personality are both important. Follow your heart and you will make it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Tax Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied through career services and was contacted from an HR recruiter about 2 weeks after telling me that I was selected for a phone interview. I had my phone interview with a manager and was then invited for an office interview.

Interview Questions

• None really. The phone interview was behavioral and the office interview was conversational.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Through Campus interview. Then got on site interview. The pre-night was just with staff, the greeter may be presented. But no interviewers. The super day is 2 interviews and one staff panel. I am not sure whether the breakfast and lunch counts. I think the most important thing is still the 2 interviews. All behavioral and conversational. EY people are all really casual and kind!

Interview Questions

• One of the partners think I have rich experience, so why tax? I had assurance related experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Campus recruiting. Applied through school website, then was invited to first round on-campus interview. Heard back within 2 days about an invitation of office visit. Within 3 business days they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• The 1st round interviewer was a manager, who asked all behavioral questions. Such as "You've done many community services, was there a situation when you took the lead while you were not required to?" or "tell me a situation when things were not going to the right direction, and someone in your team was not corroborative, how did you deal with it?" Very hard to involve that person into some interesting conversation besides answering BQs. In the office visit there were 2 rounds of interviews, very conversational, with one manager and one senior manager, they asked me about the 1120s I have prepared in my previous internships, and we talked about teamwork, global mindset (EY's global talent help), tax incentives, the differences between working at corporate and CPA firms, how is working environment in corporate, CPA exams, etc. Questions: "was there a time when you were less motivated?" "how did you deal with challenges/conflicts"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I entered through campus recruiting. You will have 2 interviews with them. 1st is with senior manager, and 2nd is with partner. Just be yourself and show them that you fit their culture of diversity, which is famous in the industry. Then you'll get the job. Oh my god it needs 50 words minumum. Let me see how many words I already have. Umm... should have 50 now.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with two managers and one partner. After that, I was scheduled to have lunch with two seniors. The interview was fine. A lot of behavioral questions, some regular, chit chat questions from the Partner. They really just want to get to know you as a person and as a potential co-worker. Be yourself and relax, but stay professional and focused.

Tax Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through school. Got into first round interview. All behavioral questions. Very relax, like a conversation. I thought I did good in the interview, but wasn't invited to the on site interview. Good experience though.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a difficult communication with someone?   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I went through my university's career center, attended all of their information sessions on campus, and then applied for a campus interview followed by an office interview. Get in touch with the campus recruiter as soon as possible, always great to get the conversation started early in the process.

Tax Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY in October 2014.

Interview

It was a campus interview. First - a day before the interview - there was Meet and Greet where you talk to people who work there and your interviewer. Then the interview - it was very conversational. No standard behavioral questions. But I was asked to tell about one of my past positions. I got to the 2nd round in Boston - I am going there next week.

Interview Questions

• What do I do that keeps me fluent in the other languages I speak.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Campus recruiting. not very hard for first interview. Basically walk through the resume be prepared when they ask the details in your resume . Asked why choose that school. Why tax? Why EY? Something like that and why transfer ? 4 questions based on your experience. Leadership. Team conflict . Difficult person you deal with. What is your interest? What is the best place u have ever been?

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging thing in your current job?   Answer Question