EY Tax Staff Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 10, 2017

2.7

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Positive interview experience. Interviewed with four separate people in New York City. Received an offer. Rest of space is to fill thirty word minimum, good luck!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with a manger and a senior manager. Both walked through my resume and asked me the usual questions regarding my experiences up to that point. Prior to this, I had a phone interview with a recruiter.

Both the manager and senior manager interviews were easy going. There were no technical or trick questions regarding tax or accounting. Interview seemed to be more about fit and personality than knowledge about tax.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you want to work in tax?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interviews with 4 different people. Interviewers were very nice and ask straightforward questions. The interview lasted about an hour total. Took about 3-4 weeks to hear back.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was somewhat simple. I first had a phone interview followed up inoffice interviews, that they call Superday. I had two thirty minute interviews with tax managers and a panel interview consisting of tax staff, a partner, and recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were proud of a inter-personal communiction situation and a time when you weren't. Run me through your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I entered through campus recruiting. You will have 2 interviews with them. 1st is with senior manager, and 2nd is with partner. Just be yourself and show them that you fit their culture of diversity, which is famous in the industry. Then you'll get the job. Oh my god it needs 50 words minumum. Let me see how many words I already have. Umm... should have 50 now.

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EY (Iselin, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

Group interviews occurred first, with all the possible hires in a conference room. We went through our involvement in university activities, classes we had taken and hopes for our job. We then split up and had two personal interviews, one with a senior manager and one with a partner.
    Following these interviews a number of staff took all the interviewees out to lunch and the day finished around 2pm

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest weaknesses?
      How do you like to get involved outside the workplace?
      What hobbies or interests do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

EY recruits heavily at my university. The recruiters were always friendly. Interview is more conversational, a few behavioral questions. No technical questions, unless you are interviewing for a position in TAS. Follow up with recruiters and send thank you notes. They will appreciate it. Make sure you stand out in a positive light and develop a connected relationship with your recruiter. I had a total of five interviews. Two on-campus interviews. And three in-office interviews for FSO New York Tax. I came from the University of Florida. Studied Accounting and had two client-facing internships with EY.

Interview Questions

• They asked me specific questions related to my past work experience and collegiate involvement. They also asked me why I want to be in New York   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Most recruits are from college campus's therefore most candidates are further picked by GPA. Candidates must have at least a 3.5 in core classes and generally as it is the best of the best pick. The one exception on interviews is based on if there was a referral which has been a big push to get people in at all levels.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are general and not to technical for staff more of where you see your self type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

got resume sent directly to partner, HR called a few days later and a few weeks and followed up with a first round interview. was two managers. following a few weeks got a partner inteview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds in total. 1st is on campus. 2nd is office visit. You will meet great people. Profession and personality are both important. Follow your heart and you will make it.