EY Tax Staff Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

EY Tax Staff Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Nov 23, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interviews with 4 different people. Interviewers were very nice and ask straightforward questions. The interview lasted about an hour total. Took about 3-4 weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was somewhat simple. I first had a phone interview followed up inoffice interviews, that they call Superday. I had two thirty minute interviews with tax managers and a panel interview consisting of tax staff, a partner, and recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were proud of a inter-personal communiction situation and a time when you weren't. Run me through your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I entered through campus recruiting. You will have 2 interviews with them. 1st is with senior manager, and 2nd is with partner. Just be yourself and show them that you fit their culture of diversity, which is famous in the industry. Then you'll get the job. Oh my god it needs 50 words minumum. Let me see how many words I already have. Umm... should have 50 now.

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EY (Iselin, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

Group interviews occurred first, with all the possible hires in a conference room. We went through our involvement in university activities, classes we had taken and hopes for our job. We then split up and had two personal interviews, one with a senior manager and one with a partner.
    Following these interviews a number of staff took all the interviewees out to lunch and the day finished around 2pm

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest weaknesses?
      How do you like to get involved outside the workplace?
      What hobbies or interests do you have?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

EY recruits heavily at my university. The recruiters were always friendly. Interview is more conversational, a few behavioral questions. No technical questions, unless you are interviewing for a position in TAS. Follow up with recruiters and send thank you notes. They will appreciate it. Make sure you stand out in a positive light and develop a connected relationship with your recruiter. I had a total of five interviews. Two on-campus interviews. And three in-office interviews for FSO New York Tax. I came from the University of Florida. Studied Accounting and had two client-facing internships with EY.

Interview Questions

• They asked me specific questions related to my past work experience and collegiate involvement. They also asked me why I want to be in New York   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Most recruits are from college campus's therefore most candidates are further picked by GPA. Candidates must have at least a 3.5 in core classes and generally as it is the best of the best pick. The one exception on interviews is based on if there was a referral which has been a big push to get people in at all levels.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are general and not to technical for staff more of where you see your self type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

got resume sent directly to partner, HR called a few days later and a few weeks and followed up with a first round interview. was two managers. following a few weeks got a partner inteview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds in total. 1st is on campus. 2nd is office visit. You will meet great people. Profession and personality are both important. Follow your heart and you will make it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Campus recruiting. Applied through school website, then was invited to first round on-campus interview. Heard back within 2 days about an invitation of office visit. Within 3 business days they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• The 1st round interviewer was a manager, who asked all behavioral questions. Such as "You've done many community services, was there a situation when you took the lead while you were not required to?" or "tell me a situation when things were not going to the right direction, and someone in your team was not corroborative, how did you deal with it?" Very hard to involve that person into some interesting conversation besides answering BQs. In the office visit there were 2 rounds of interviews, very conversational, with one manager and one senior manager, they asked me about the 1120s I have prepared in my previous internships, and we talked about teamwork, global mindset (EY's global talent help), tax incentives, the differences between working at corporate and CPA firms, how is working environment in corporate, CPA exams, etc. Questions: "was there a time when you were less motivated?" "how did you deal with challenges/conflicts"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Started as an intern through on campus recruiting.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions, nothing specific that was difficult. A lot of team building/leadership questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.