EY Technology Advisor Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Technology Advisor Program Interview Questions

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I got a phone interview from Ernst & Young after clearing the resume screening at the university. The phone interview was behavioral and most of the questions were based on business and leadership skills. Few questions were
1) tell me about yourself
2) Technologies i have worked on
3) about projects
basically more about my resume qualifications

Then, in the one on one interview i had 3 rounds
2 behavioral and 1 case interview

The behavioral questions were
1) tell me about yourself
2) why E & Y
3) Some highlights from my resume - they wanted to hear more about it
4) Difficult situation i had to face when i was in a team and how i over came it
5) My strengths and weaknesses
6) When I had to tell something bad or stern to a team member without making them feel bad
7) Tough situation as a team leader and how i over came it
8) leadership scenarios
9) As a communicator, business analyst
10) Some achievement in your work place that you are really proud of -- Make this answer a selling point.

Case interview :

I had to read a case for about 10 mins

some tips :

Organize your thoughts
Try to prioritize ur solution with 4 or 5 talking points
elaborate on that.

Interview Questions

• Case interview was the toughest and the questions were very specific with the case. so i cant really help in this.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Technology Advisor Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I interviewed through university. Process took a little over a month. First round was behavioural and then I was flown out to a Super Day of interviews. Three back-to-back one hour interviews all with senior level management. Great process - enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you stay motivated doing tasks you might not want to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

2 Rounds of in-person on-campus interviews (30 mins each)
     - both behavioral interviews
     - 1 with a Partner (in assurance), 1 with a Senior Manager (in tax)

1 In-House Case Study (45 minutes) followed by 30 min coffee chat with a 1st year advisor)
     - case study was with a manager in Advisory (technology) practice
     - case given was a packet of information - you have 10 minutes to read through material then start discussing
     - case was generally interviewer led; asking me to pull specific things out of the information given
     - coffee chat was very casual, helping me learn about the company/practice

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Tell me about a time while working in a team that you had to make an unfavorable decision

Case study: M&A case between 1 large bank online and 1 smaller bank with physical locations; perform a SWOT analysis, dicuss implications/risks of merging and effects on technology; discuss pros & cons of breaking into the mobile banking market   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

On-campus 1st round: basic behavioral questions; online essay given later

New York final round: case study where you are given a packet of information and review it conversation-like with a manager. It is not a typical MBB case where you must ask the right questions for more information, etc. Then there are 2 behavioral interviews, where it is more of a conversation with managers who want to see if you would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were in a team and someone wasn't pulling his/her weight. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through college career services. On campus interview then final round in NY. Straight forward case study question, interviewer guides you through the process by asking questions and making suggestions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

First an alumni interview in a campus event. The alumnus who interviewed me was a manager. Then I was asked to do an online writing test. A few weeks later, when I thought this was hopeless, I was invited to the final round (Megaday). There were three rounds, including one behavioral with a partner, one case interview with a manager, and another situation-based behavioral with someone who doesn't work in advisory/FSO. The partner interview was really random. The case I got wasn't too difficult. I actually suggest that you should prepare over Deloitte's online cases for their business tech advisor positions. To be honest, I am pretty sure I am gonna be rejected. EY invited a lot of candidates for Megaday. But I don't think they actually recruit a lot (20 at most I guess for TAP staff). This is an amazing job and the people at EY are super nice.

Technology Advisor Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through Raidernet, got the interview request in about a week. I was asked why EY, if I had traveled much before, and for an example in which I experienced diversity.

Technology Advisor Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through career fair at college. 1 essay + 1 Face-to-face on campus + 3 interviews in their NYC office.
    Fairly simple first round. Good case questions in the second round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There was one 30 minute on-campus interview and one three hour super-day on-site interview in the NYC office. Interviews were largely fit-focused. The on-site interviews consisted of an introduction from senior management, followed by three 45-minute interviews. Two of them were behavioral and conversational, and there was one 45-minute case interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

On Campus Recruitment, Went through first round of interview on campus. Got invited for final round in Dallas. Three back to back interviews there. Two behavioural and one case study. I was interested in cybersecurity but case study was management related and confusing. Very friendly interview, most of the questions from Resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you need to stand against your team.   Answer Question