EY Technology Advisor Program Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

EY Technology Advisor Program Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There was one 30 minute on-campus interview and one three hour super-day on-site interview in the NYC office. Interviews were largely fit-focused. The on-site interviews consisted of an introduction from senior management, followed by three 45-minute interviews. Two of them were behavioral and conversational, and there was one 45-minute case interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

First an alumni interview in a campus event. The alumnus who interviewed me was a manager. Then I was asked to do an online writing test. A few weeks later, when I thought this was hopeless, I was invited to the final round (Megaday). There were three rounds, including one behavioral with a partner, one case interview with a manager, and another situation-based behavioral with someone who doesn't work in advisory/FSO. The partner interview was really random. The case I got wasn't too difficult. I actually suggest that you should prepare over Deloitte's online cases for their business tech advisor positions. To be honest, I am pretty sure I am gonna be rejected. EY invited a lot of candidates for Megaday. But I don't think they actually recruit a lot (20 at most I guess for TAP staff). This is an amazing job and the people at EY are super nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through college career services. On campus interview then final round in NY. Straight forward case study question, interviewer guides you through the process by asking questions and making suggestions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

We had to apply through the university's career services link and after our resume is selected we had to schedule an first round interview. If we cleared that we had a Mega-Day Interview where we had 3 back-to-back interview rounds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

On-campus 1st round: basic behavioral questions; online essay given later

New York final round: case study where you are given a packet of information and review it conversation-like with a manager. It is not a typical MBB case where you must ask the right questions for more information, etc. Then there are 2 behavioral interviews, where it is more of a conversation with managers who want to see if you would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were in a team and someone wasn't pulling his/her weight. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Got the initial interview through university recruiting? I think, not entirely sure. Phone interview is 30 minutes. Two weeks later, heard back and was asked to do a writing assessment. I think this was the "2nd round." A few weeks later was invited to a Super Day. First there's a presentation about the company and the program. Then there are 3 interviews: 2 behavioral, 1 case study. You will DEFINITELY interview with someone (if not all) of significance. My first interview was with a partner and I completely ruined it. 2nd interview and 3rd interview (case study) went well. Greeters are young/recent grads. Extremely friendly, they bring you to eat after all the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in finance if you have no financial experience? What led you to EY? How do you time-manage? Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I got a phone interview from Ernst & Young after clearing the resume screening at the university. The phone interview was behavioral and most of the questions were based on business and leadership skills. Few questions were
    1) tell me about yourself
    2) Technologies i have worked on
    3) about projects
    basically more about my resume qualifications

Then, in the one on one interview i had 3 rounds
    2 behavioral and 1 case interview

The behavioral questions were
    1) tell me about yourself
    2) why E & Y
    3) Some highlights from my resume - they wanted to hear more about it
    4) Difficult situation i had to face when i was in a team and how i over came it
    5) My strengths and weaknesses
    6) When I had to tell something bad or stern to a team member without making them feel bad
    7) Tough situation as a team leader and how i over came it
    8) leadership scenarios
    9) As a communicator, business analyst
    10) Some achievement in your work place that you are really proud of -- Make this answer a selling point.

Case interview :

I had to read a case for about 10 mins

some tips :

Organize your thoughts
    Try to prioritize ur solution with 4 or 5 talking points
    elaborate on that.

Interview Questions

• Case interview was the toughest and the questions were very specific with the case. so i cant really help in this.   Answer Question