EY Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.1

448 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Student Recruitment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Three weeks after the application I got an email for an onsite interview. This was a competence based interview after that I got invited for a second interview for which I was requested to prepare a presentation. I was rejected after this second interview and overall the process took 2 months aprox since I applied.
    Pros: Very professional interviews (presentation, competence based & scenarios), interviewers are very nice, detailed feedback on rejection.
    Cons: very long process, not a clear contact during the process as you keep getting emails from different recruiters and coordinators, the job description is standard and not accurate (you realise this during the recruitment process), no info about conditions until offer so you might as well be investing time in interviewing for something that does not align with your expectations.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop yourself? What are the UK labour market trends for students? Tell me of a time when you managed a poor performer. If a manager tells you that they only want to hire women what would you do?   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)).

Interview

online application,
    online tests,
    phone interview, questions about why you have chosen the company, the role and the location
    assessment centre,small refreshment at the beginning, you can talk to employees, individual task(mostly dealing with emails, calculations were also required) and group task. In the group task we were given cards with EY values and with different situations and we had to match the situation with one value. Then we had to choose the most important value for us and do a group presentation explaining our choice.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

They took a long time and seemed very disorganised. After 3 rounds of mostly good interviews I am still none the wiser on why I didnt get the job despite them offering feedback weeks ago and I havent received replies to emails. Not a good way to do business so if that is how they operate, maybe I dodged a bullet. I expected more though so I am quite disappointed.

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The interview was split over 3 stages; a first round interview with a senior manager; a second round case study presentation and interview with a senior manager and a final round interview with the senior partner. Overall positive experience especially with the culture and warmth the interviewers exuded. Seemed like a fun bunch who enjoyed their work. Only flaws were the visible difficulties the firm had in organising its global offices to coordinate interview logistics.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EY in May 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview first, prepare with STAR answers for experience and think about your own strengths, do research on the company's values and mission. They ask 8 strength based questions, lasting around 30-40 minutes. They will email you in a few days and invite you for an assessment centre if you are successful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a team   1 Answer

Tax Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Reading, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved a verbal reasoning test, this part was fairly easy, it can be practised using the practice paper before carrying out the actual test
    The next step included a numerical reasoning test, this was not a challenging test, it required to answer simple maths problems. The next step involved a phone interview. This was really tricky and confusing for me as I had no way of preparing for the questions.

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I was an intern at EY malaysia and therefore got an interview for a permanent role. The interview was held at EY office in London since I am studying in the UK at the moment. We were asked to arrive 30 mins earlier to complete a written assessment.

Interview Questions

• Why did I do all the volunteer work I did ?   1 Answer

Transaction Advisory Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Online application. Then online testing. Invited to a telephone interview, I was told that it is "strengths based" and that there was no way to prepare for it, however now I believe that with more preparation I may have passed to the next stage. Telephone interview questions were very vague, which I struggled with.

Interview Questions

• Why EY?
      Why transactions?
      Why this location?
      Do you consider the wider situation whilst making a decision?
      When have you dealt with a change?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

This was an application for the EY Glasgow office.
    Applied online after finding the listing through TargetJobs. Initial email from EY stated that as they were currently already reviewing applications, they may contact me to progress my application further, or may not.

One day later I received an email inviting me to sit three online assessments, "The Situational Strengths Assessment, the Business Behaviours Assessment, and the What's Your Mind Set Assessment."
    As I missed this email a reminder was sent out to me 14 days later. I sat the assessments and received confirmation that my assessments were successful three days after that email.

A week later I received an email with a link to book myself in for a Strength based Telephone Interview. 18 days later I had the interview, and a day after that I got my rejection email.

The entire process took 45 days in total.

The interviewer was very polite and helpful and wished me the very best of luck, the process in general was not at all confusing, and the online assessments seemed very well put together. Additionally, I received via email the analysis of my assessments, which will be informative for any future applications of mine.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to EY over the other three 'Big 4' companies?   1 Answer
    • What attracted you to this specific service role and location?   1 Answer
    • Do you think your family and friends would describe you as someone who's easy to get along with?   1 Answer
    • Follow up from Q3: Why do you think that they have this opinion of you?   1 Answer
    • Would you feel comfortable making decisions and recommendations based on data?   1 Answer
    • Some people say that you should consider all aspects of a situation before making a decision. Do you believe this is true?   1 Answer
    • PRACTISE Q: Tell me about some everyday activities that you enjoy doing.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

1 hour long telephone call . They ask many questions including why joining EY, your previous experience one by one from each section of cv. Also, he asked abiout my current client portfolio.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve conflict among team?   2 Answers