EY Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.8

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online through campus career portal. Got a first round 30 minute phone interview. Didn't get an invitation to the Super Day. The interview consisted of some behavioral questions and technical.

Interview Questions

• What is the angle between the hour and minute hand at 3:15.   3 Answers

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a job fare with 3 universities and big four. The interviewer of the Big 4 already prepared 3 to 5 questions. He was always taking notes of my answers and he was open to explain his duties at the corporation. Previous day we had a cocktail and he was very friendly, but during the interview he was very neutral.

Interview Questions

• Explain one situation that you manage in a team group to succeed.   1 Answer

FTDS Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

4 rounds of interview in total. 1st round on campus with a Senior Manager. The next three rounds were on site in the D.C office with 3 different senior managers. Two behavioral interviews and one technical round.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

A phone interview and then an in-person interview. In the in-person, i met with four women who werw principals at the National Tax Office. It was easy as most of them discussed there journey through tax and how they ended up at EY. The people were very nice and gave me alot of advice on how to navigate the tax world.

Transfer Pricing Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. It focused on behavioral questions more than anything. The group spent a lot of time explaining what they do, and were more interested in my resume than giving a case study.

Senior Performance Improvement Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC).

Interview

first round was on campus and I had one interview with an manager that was hired 3 weeks earlier. He was very unprepared but super nice. He moved to final round which was a super day at the office. I had three behavioral interviews with 2 managers and a partner. they are extremely nice and want you to succeed. I would talk to as many people as possible during the super day and during the reception the night before (which i did not do but wish I did)

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in the next 10 years   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied through recruiter and the conversation was pleasant. Phone interview was entirely technical and many detailed coding questions were asked. First interviewer did not follow the schedule and extended the session from half an hour to one hour. Many unexpected challenging questions asked, e.g. have you fired an employee? Terrible experience with EY.

Diversified Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed was obtained through law school TARE tax program. It went well, the interviewer was very courteous and professional. The interviewer asked a lot of behavioral questions. They seemed to focus on my ability to participate in a team. The interview setting was very casual, we sat on a couch in a hotel room. They interviewer was very engaged and took a lot of notes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three qualities which your close friends would describe you as having.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Typical campus recruiting experience. It supposed to be in person interview but because of the snow, we interviewed on Skype. But highly suggest do it in person. The interviewer is nice and the questions are very normal and you can get most of the questions online. In terms of the case, you had better to practice a lot before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why choose EY? Why this function? Your leadership experiences? And a case study.   Answer Question

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, got first round on campus & went to the reception for first round interviewees. Overall the process wasn't too bad - the interview is very behavioral and didn't have anything technical included. EY's main campus in DC is in Northern VA, and it's very likely to encounter a veteran working at EY in DC. I think it's difficult for an undergrad to connect with some of these veterans.