Facebook Interview Question: Each interviewer focused on a... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview Menlo Park, CA

Each interviewer focused on a different theme: (1) Inbound

- assess & communicate on tough problems (2) relational - assess ambiguous opportunities & drive decisions by convincing others (3) cross functional - interact across teams, to influence stake holders / executives who have different POVs & agendas to arrive at the right decision (4) outbound - enable sales and revenue, how do i position & market a product. what's the bigger picture. This particular group cared less about my specific knowledge of FB's strategy and vision, and more how i thought about the industry and how the competition works. Questions were heavily focused on my own experience and how they relate to the above 4 themes.
Tags:
product marketing
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

I found some information on Rooftop Slushie – which is really helpful for me so far

Product Marketing Managers have 3 specific streams in Facebook. Depending on which stream, depends on the culture and challenging
a) Development - Working closely with eng/product in product development, focusing mainly on inbound research and outbound positioning of product to market
b) Planning - Working closely with multiple internal stakeholders. ""Connects the dots"" when involving various key stakeholders when launching a new product and ensuring transparency of communication throughout.
c) Growth - Execution of the Go-to-market strategy devised by Development and Planning. Knows the regional and industry specific communication styles and highlights to draw out for communication.

Hope this can help everyone!

Anonymous on Jun 12, 2019

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.