Eagle Hill Consulting Management Consultant Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Management Consultant Associate

Eagle Hill Consulting Management Consultant Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Eagle Hill Consulting

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (Arlington, VA) in September 2018.

Interview

Prepared for the multi-round interviews for several weeks and dug up all employment history since high school, which took a lot of preparation and time. I went into detail fully about every single job Ive held, ~10, and I had great examples, great leadership, weakness and strength examples for each. Eagle Hill told me I did not pass the final round because I did not provide "enough" details about one of the jobs i had 5 years ago that I worked at for 4 months. Everything in my background was covered from over 10 years and I got great feedback for every response I gave but knowing that I did not receive an offer because of the 4 month job still amazes me to this day. Its unfortunate because I had a lot to offer for this position with the current skills I possess.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a strength and weakness about each of your jobs. Tell me what you did and didnt like about your supervisor/manager.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Eagle Hill Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

Lengthy - submitted application in August, phone screen in September, in person interview 3 weeks later, 1 hour phone competency interview 2 weeks after that.
    - Standard phone screening - asked "why this position/ why us" and about problem solving
    - In person interview was a two hour in person interview conducted as a "Top Grading" Interview. Eagle Hill was obsessed with this format and will allow you to prepare for it specifically. I have not encountered it elsewhere but it allegedly offers a more holistic view of candidates. Interviewers were nice but not conversational - interviewee is really expected to be on for those two hours.
    - One hour phone competency screening did not cover new ground.
    - Throughout the recruiting process, the communication was very good. However, I found out that I would not be receiving an offer via email at 7 PM at night. Recruiter said they had tried to call me but hadn't. Did not offer feedback on why I didn't get the offer.
    - Overall, Eagle Hill differs itself from the other players in the field by emphasizing its values. I felt that after the time I had invested in this process the way in which the rejection was handled did not reflect on those often touted values.

Management Consultant Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting in January 2018.

Interview

Was referred by an employee and sent a topgrading form a couple weeks later. The topgrading form is an extensive job history dating all the way back to high school. You must put you strengths/accomplishments and failures from EACH position, which for my high school and early college jobs was quite difficult.

Was contacted for a phone interview about two weeks later. I thought it went quite well - It lasted for about an hour and was told I would be contacted in the next few days about an person interview (be prepared to talk for about an hour). Instead, I was greeted with a generic rejection email on Monday morning.

I understand that for alot of bigger companies, it's impossible to reply to everyone individually who gets denied. But, EHC already weeds out 80 percent of resumes before they send out the topgrading forms, so I really don't understand why I couldn't get an email that actually gave me some feedback instead of a generic "no." I spent about a week filling out the topgrading form and spent an hour on a phone interview, the least they could do is send me a more personable email that was more than two sentences. I was very excited about EHC and the interview but the way it ended turned me off.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume since college, what were your successes/failures at each position.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a situation that you could've handled better?   Answer Question
    • How have you worked in teams in the past?   Answer Question
    • What's your approach to building relationships with your clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (Arlington, VA).

Interview

EHC uses a strategy called Topgrading. It is time-consuming, but it helps to uncover information about you that will benefit both you and the firm by determining fit. The interview begins with a simple application; I completed that in July. Afterward, if you have progressed to the next round, EHC will send a Career History Form which will require you to relay more detailed information. If this passes muster, you will receive an invitation to interview over the phone. The final step is the Tandem Interview, during which you will speak with two EHC staff members.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time in your high school experience.   Answer Question

Management Consultant Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting in September 2016.

Interview

I applied to a posting on the Eagle Hill website. A few days later, I received an email requesting that I complete the Topgrading profile so they could learn more. In both of these forms, I was asked for my salary expectations. A recruiter then contacted me to schedule a phone interview. The interview was perfectly reasonable with standard questions; however, when compensation came up, I was told that the position was significantly below my desired number, and noticeably below my existing salary.

I appreciate the Topgrading approach, and I wanted to like EHC going into the call. That said, it is not right to move a candidate through the process when you know from the start that the compensation is so far off from his expectations… especially after he has already given you every detail about his employment history.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why are you leaving your current position if you had success there?   Answer Question

Management Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting.

Interview

Scheduled for a 45min- 1 hour call but instead mine was just 30 mins. The recruiter spoke about the company for a brief period- let's say 5 minutes and then we jumped into questions. They ask questions related to working in teams because that's what they do for the most part. And also a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a time your received performance feedback- how did you take it?

- Tell me about a time you gave feedback- how did they take it?

- How do you keep organized?

- How do you build relationship with team members?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I applied online and was then asked to fill out an extensive career history form. I then was contacted for a phone screen with a recruiter where I was asked a few behavioral questions. The last round of interviews was an in-person tandem interview that extensively went through my background and experience.