Earth Fare Interview Questions in Asheville, NC | Glassdoor

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Display, Samples, Deli, Food Processing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Asheville, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Young, inexperienced & inept employee who interviewed me, was hostile & neither friendly nor an openminded people-oriented interviewer, who asked very few & hurried questions, then became confrontational, presumably because of her own inadequences & she didn't even bother to ask questions pertinent to Earth Fare jobs. Interviewer interrupted candidate's answers to move on ahead to next question, several times, without taking any notes nor prompting any discussion. Obviously, somebody has made the mistake of telling this young woman, of obviously limited intelligence & presenting very few skill sets, thst she was smart. Either they lied to interviewer or else they didn't know any better themselves=Very poor statement by Earth Fare, to misplace this very poor employee in such a frontline position to poorly represent Earth Fare, a company that has come under fire recently, from employees bc 'store went corporate'. (South Asheville on Hendersonville Rd in NC) Earth Fare employees are no longer pleasant & store vibe is now mostly robotic, stressful & strained vs prior accomodating, positive & natural.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to eirk here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Asheville, NC).

Interview

Grab a coffee or water, talk to a Manager briefly, seems if they like you they grab the General Manager. They both ask numerous questions about the company and their 'food philosophy'. If you agree with it, respect management, and are personable it's not too hard.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job? What is your availability? Do you know our food philosophy? Etc...   Answer Question

Grocery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Asheville, NC).

Interview

Long and arduous. I do not remember. The hiring process took months, met with very unintelligent people who did not know what to ask me since I was more educated than them. I do believe I stumped them more times during the interview.

Negotiation

none. They pay you just at federal minimum wage in which I am pretty sure they would pay you less if not illegal.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fletcher, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Fletcher, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

Scattered unprofessional and not communicated between corporate and store level. They already know who they are hiring because they make back door deals with employees and it doesn't matter your skill level. It's all about who you know that is truely the only way to get ahead in this company.whole foods treats their employees like crap too but they won't intentionally hold you back and they are pretty up front about being jerks earth fare poses as good people but they are not

Interview Questions

• Mostly they asked me personal questions that had nothing to do with the position   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Asheville, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Trying to get a job was difficult, because they get a lot of applications. The hiring manager is super helpful if he thinks you'd make a good addition. He asks you to call in regularly for any opening and he'll schedule you for interviews with every opening if you want it.

The interviews are simple and straight forward. Whatever dept. you interview for the manager from that one with interview you. This is pretty much the only interview.

The questions vary per manager, but they are all straight forward and simple. A few typical questions but most of them are relevant and realistic. They ask about your experience with their dept and with the store itself.

Interview Questions

• Some of the managers have a final pop quiz style question, one asked for a joke, another asked to tell them something special about yourself. They aren't difficult if you can think fast.   Answer Question

Various Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Asheville, NC) in December 2010.

Interview

I moved to Asheville without a job but with a lot of specialty and natural foods retail experience and hope for a higher quality of life. I decided on Earth Fare or Greenlife. Earth Fare was my first choice and I set my mind on getting a position there. Anyway, I turned in the standard application and wrote a follow-up email to the store's general email a few days later. It just so happened that the upcoming Sunday "Meet and Greet" (a meeting between the Personal Manager and new applicants) was cancelled, so I opted to write the follow-up email in hopes of scoring a personal interview instead of waiting another week for the next meeting.
      After receiving the reply to my email I went in for a written interview (questionnaire) that Monday. The written interview progressed into an impromptu interview. The interview was very pleasant and open. A few days later I had an interview with the department manager. This interview went well. I was then asked back for a third interview with the department manager and assistant manager. My background and references were checked and I accepted a position two days after my last interview.
      I'd advise any potential applicant to know what they want and be honest with their experience. In an interview you need to be completely comfortable with who you are and what skills you have. Maximize your work experience with positivity throughout the interview process. Don't be nervous! If you are content with what you bring to the table, there is no reason to be nervous. Don't play the part of potential employee, just be yourself and hope for the best!

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about the use of particular ingredients.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I offered a wage I thought was fair for my given experience, maybe a bit high. I accepted a lower wage but I was fine with that. Fulltime employment includes FULL benefits amoung other great perks. The compny is in a phase of great expansion and the oppotunities for advancement are quite possible. Given the benefits, awesome work environment and the location, I am very pleased with my new position!

Food Services Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Asheville, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

The Food Services Manager asked me to explain a little about myself and why I chose Earth Fare as a potential employer. There was a few questions about my responsibilities at previous work experiences. I was shown around the area that I would be responsible for, and then asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any hard questions. I was asked why I chose Earth Fare. Then I was asked what my responsibilities were with a restaurant I last worked with because it was a food service job I was being interviewed for.   1 Answer