Earth Fare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Earth Fare Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2017

Display, Samples, Deli, Food Processing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Asheville, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Young, inexperienced & inept employee who interviewed me, was hostile & neither friendly nor an openminded people-oriented interviewer, who asked very few & hurried questions, then became confrontational, presumably because of her own inadequences & she didn't even bother to ask questions pertinent to Earth Fare jobs. Interviewer interrupted candidate's answers to move on ahead to next question, several times, without taking any notes nor prompting any discussion. Obviously, somebody has made the mistake of telling this young woman, of obviously limited intelligence & presenting very few skill sets, thst she was smart. Either they lied to interviewer or else they didn't know any better themselves=Very poor statement by Earth Fare, to misplace this very poor employee in such a frontline position to poorly represent Earth Fare, a company that has come under fire recently, from employees bc 'store went corporate'. (South Asheville on Hendersonville Rd in NC) Earth Fare employees are no longer pleasant & store vibe is now mostly robotic, stressful & strained vs prior accomodating, positive & natural.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to eirk here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Chattanooga, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a new Earth Fare that was being built in Hixson TN. I got an email about a week later saying to print off an application they attached in an email (this was the exact application I'd already filled out online), fill it out, and take it to the Chattanooga location since the Hixson one was not finished being built yet. I got a call about a week later to come in for an interview at the Chattanooga location a couple days later. I came to have the interview and let a cashier know what I was there for. They looked at me like they had no idea why I'd be having an interview. After finding a manager, (who also had no idea what was going on) she told me there was no one there to give me an interview. They proceeded to ask me who called me, when I was supposed to be there (I was on time), what I applied for, etc. There was obviously no communication whatsoever. So the first manager said OK I'll just interview you. At this point I'd been there about 30 minutes. She finally got back and handed me ANOTHER paper application to fill out (keep in mind, this was third one I'd filled out) so she'd "have something to go off of." After the interview, she told me I'd be a great asset to EF's team, and I never heard from them again. I'm honestly very happy I didn't get the job because of the obvious disorganization, and lack of communication/professionalism with the employees here.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree Corners, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Peachtree Corners, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Was emailed a notification stating I should come in any time and speak with a manager for an interview. When I arrived, I was asked to wait at the seated area for her. She came and told me to fill out a paper application. I did and I told her that I had completed the online application as well. She left and came back maybe 20 minutes later and instructed me that the interview manager only takes 1 interview daily and he was already with someone so he would call me the next day. I never heard back. I don't think were as organized as they could have been.

Dairy Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Carmel, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

I was told I had the job, but they said legally they had to post it first. My store manager said I didn't even need to apply. I started training for the position for about 3 weeks and then randomly one of the cashiers asked me what I thought about the new dairy buyer's "white power" tattoos. I first asked why they hired somebody with racist tattoos, they said that as long as they stay coverd up and he works hard , they don't care. Secondly I asked why I was told i had the spot, and why did they hire somebody else, they said I didn't apply for it on the team member site and denied telling me not to and said that I didn't sign anything. Wow.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable going along with procedures that you don't agree with?   Answer Question
    • Are you alright with working 10 or more hours off the clock?   Answer Question
    • What happens in the office stays in the office. Right?   Answer Question

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Earth Fare.

Interview

Submitted resume via website. Was contacted about 2 weeks later for a face to face interview.
    Met with store manager and crc manager. Said I should hear something back in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about an event that you put together.
      Tell me about some ideas that you have for marketing/events.
      What do you know about our company?
      What questions do you have for us?
      1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

a few questions over the phone
    how did I find them, what was my background, why Earthfare. Am I legal to work here? Do i know about organic foods ...

Wellness Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Carmel, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

I learned of the Job Fair from a friend. The Job Fair was held at hotel in Carmel, IN. You walk in and the person greeting each applicant, was warm and friendly. Each person is asked, ' how did you hear about the company?" Next you indicate on a sign-in sheet: your name, email address, phone number, zip code and how you heard about the company. You are then escorted to an area to complete a four-paged application. Once that is completed you're directed to a lap top to complete The Athena Quotient (AQ) Personality Test Assessment. This test takes approximately 15-20 minutes. The process was very organized and efficient. Next is the interview process which lasted approximately 12-15 minutes. After the interview I was given a form letter thanking me for applying and on the backside indicating that if I was being considered for employment the documents I would need to present. Upon receiving that letter I was given a warm handshake and left the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work part-time?   1 Answer

Food Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Earth Fare in August 2012.

Interview

short interview process. knowing what i know now managers hate the interview process because their is such a tremendous workload put on them. I had only 1 interview. All interviews are conducted publicly in the dining area which i feel is not a good policy.

Interview Questions

• why do you shop at earth fare?   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Asheville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Earth Fare (West Asheville, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

Since the company has changed significantly since my first interviews, it is hard to say what it's like now. I was recently interviewed for a different position within the same company, and the interview was essentially the interviewers asking me in many different ways why exactly I thought I was the best candidate and what exactly made me think that.

Interview Questions

• As stated above, the most difficult questions were those detailing specifically why I would be the best choice.   Answer Question