Earth Fare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.2

Dairy Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Carmel, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

I was told I had the job, but they said legally they had to post it first. My store manager said I didn't even need to apply. I started training for the position for about 3 weeks and then randomly one of the cashiers asked me what I thought about the new dairy buyer's "white power" tattoos. I first asked why they hired somebody with racist tattoos, they said that as long as they stay coverd up and he works hard , they don't care. Secondly I asked why I was told i had the spot, and why did they hire somebody else, they said I didn't apply for it on the team member site and denied telling me not to and said that I didn't sign anything. Wow.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable going along with procedures that you don't agree with?   Answer Question
    • Are you alright with working 10 or more hours off the clock?   Answer Question
    • What happens in the office stays in the office. Right?   Answer Question

Display, Samples, Deli, Food Processing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Asheville, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Young, inexperienced & inept employee who interviewed me, was hostile & neither friendly nor an openminded people-oriented interviewer, who asked very few & hurried questions, then became confrontational, presumably because of her own inadequences & she didn't even bother to ask questions pertinent to Earth Fare jobs. Interviewer interrupted candidate's answers to move on ahead to next question, several times, without taking any notes nor prompting any discussion. Obviously, somebody has made the mistake of telling this young woman, of obviously limited intelligence & presenting very few skill sets, thst she was smart. Either they lied to interviewer or else they didn't know any better themselves=Very poor statement by Earth Fare, to misplace this very poor employee in such a frontline position to poorly represent Earth Fare, a company that has come under fire recently, from employees bc 'store went corporate'. (South Asheville on Hendersonville Rd in NC) Earth Fare employees are no longer pleasant & store vibe is now mostly robotic, stressful & strained vs prior accomodating, positive & natural.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to eirk here?   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Peachtree City, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Very fast and to the point. They asked me about my current experience and I explained that I didnt have any since it was going to be my first job. I met every single co worker that same day. They dont call and tell you that you got the job. They tell you during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you took lead of a situation   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Several calls and interviews and they were over a month off with the start date which created many issues for me personally. They didn't seem to care about the delays or the fact that they were so off target in regards to the time frame they gave me for filling the position.

Meat Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

The company isn't willing to place you in a position based on your work experience, they want you to take a position a lot lower. This company is only looking for soldiers. You can't be a person who can think.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Park, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Fairview Park, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. 10 people including myself. The GM arrived about 20 minutes late. When the interview began, by just looking at his body language and gestures, he was extremely rushed. When the questions began to be asked, they were asked around the table (playing telephone). The questions were on work availability along with other topics. The only one person conducting the interview began cutting people midway their sentences and moving on to the next. Although the interview took place in the food court of the restaurant, it was not properly executed well. It took them a month to let me know that they have "moved on" with the search. I recently visited the store and it was severely understaffed. For being a health foods supermarket, you would think more people would be working. I asked one of the employees for assistance when I was looking for gluten flour and she said that they didn't sell any products with gluten. Moments after she left my sight, I was able to find the product I was looking for in the next aisle. I wonder what kind of people do they hire, when they don't even know their products.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Chattanooga, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a new Earth Fare that was being built in Hixson TN. I got an email about a week later saying to print off an application they attached in an email (this was the exact application I'd already filled out online), fill it out, and take it to the Chattanooga location since the Hixson one was not finished being built yet. I got a call about a week later to come in for an interview at the Chattanooga location a couple days later. I came to have the interview and let a cashier know what I was there for. They looked at me like they had no idea why I'd be having an interview. After finding a manager, (who also had no idea what was going on) she told me there was no one there to give me an interview. They proceeded to ask me who called me, when I was supposed to be there (I was on time), what I applied for, etc. There was obviously no communication whatsoever. So the first manager said OK I'll just interview you. At this point I'd been there about 30 minutes. She finally got back and handed me ANOTHER paper application to fill out (keep in mind, this was third one I'd filled out) so she'd "have something to go off of." After the interview, she told me I'd be a great asset to EF's team, and I never heard from them again. I'm honestly very happy I didn't get the job because of the obvious disorganization, and lack of communication/professionalism with the employees here.

Grocery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Earth Fare (New York, NY).

Interview

Thorough interview and a lot of people were involved in selection process. I enjoyed the process. Everyone was very nice. The company is interested in why you want to work for Earth Fare.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Earth Fare?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Asheville, NC).

Interview

Grab a coffee or water, talk to a Manager briefly, seems if they like you they grab the General Manager. They both ask numerous questions about the company and their 'food philosophy'. If you agree with it, respect management, and are personable it's not too hard.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job? What is your availability? Do you know our food philosophy? Etc...   Answer Question

Bakery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Louisville, KY) in October 2015.

Interview

Very simple with Store Manager, then a phone interview with HR. Just questions regarding your experience, ideas, why you want to work there and what attracted you to the company. Takes some time before you get an offer, or rejection, however.