Earth Fare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Very Simple process if they are hiring. They will always accept applications and they do hold on to them. Go in store you wish to work in and Fill out an application, on paper. there is no online application. Drop off your completed application with a manager. Ask for and interview and try to Get interview time set up before you leave.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Earth Fare   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Park, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Fairview Park, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. 10 people including myself. The GM arrived about 20 minutes late. When the interview began, by just looking at his body language and gestures, he was extremely rushed. When the questions began to be asked, they were asked around the table (playing telephone). The questions were on work availability along with other topics. The only one person conducting the interview began cutting people midway their sentences and moving on to the next. Although the interview took place in the food court of the restaurant, it was not properly executed well. It took them a month to let me know that they have "moved on" with the search. I recently visited the store and it was severely understaffed. For being a health foods supermarket, you would think more people would be working. I asked one of the employees for assistance when I was looking for gluten flour and she said that they didn't sell any products with gluten. Moments after she left my sight, I was able to find the product I was looking for in the next aisle. I wonder what kind of people do they hire, when they don't even know their products.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2013.

Interview

I was nervous at first, but the manager at the time was very nice. We had a great conversation. It was the 2nd phase of the process so that he felt comfortable hiring me. He eventually transferred to another store and that affected morale.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Earth Fare in October 2016.

Interview

Hiring fare at a local hotel. A lot of applicants but didn't take very long. Filed out application and waited to be called into a different room to to interviewed. The interviewing room had all the department managers at different tables conducting brief interviews.

Interview Questions

• can you work nights and weekends   1 Answer

Display, Samples, Deli, Food Processing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Asheville, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Young, inexperienced & inept employee who interviewed me, was hostile & neither friendly nor an openminded people-oriented interviewer, who asked very few & hurried questions, then became confrontational, presumably because of her own inadequences & she didn't even bother to ask questions pertinent to Earth Fare jobs. Interviewer interrupted candidate's answers to move on ahead to next question, several times, without taking any notes nor prompting any discussion. Obviously, somebody has made the mistake of telling this young woman, of obviously limited intelligence & presenting very few skill sets, thst she was smart. Either they lied to interviewer or else they didn't know any better themselves=Very poor statement by Earth Fare, to misplace this very poor employee in such a frontline position to poorly represent Earth Fare, a company that has come under fire recently, from employees bc 'store went corporate'. (South Asheville on Hendersonville Rd in NC) Earth Fare employees are no longer pleasant & store vibe is now mostly robotic, stressful & strained vs prior accomodating, positive & natural.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to eirk here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Chattanooga, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a new Earth Fare that was being built in Hixson TN. I got an email about a week later saying to print off an application they attached in an email (this was the exact application I'd already filled out online), fill it out, and take it to the Chattanooga location since the Hixson one was not finished being built yet. I got a call about a week later to come in for an interview at the Chattanooga location a couple days later. I came to have the interview and let a cashier know what I was there for. They looked at me like they had no idea why I'd be having an interview. After finding a manager, (who also had no idea what was going on) she told me there was no one there to give me an interview. They proceeded to ask me who called me, when I was supposed to be there (I was on time), what I applied for, etc. There was obviously no communication whatsoever. So the first manager said OK I'll just interview you. At this point I'd been there about 30 minutes. She finally got back and handed me ANOTHER paper application to fill out (keep in mind, this was third one I'd filled out) so she'd "have something to go off of." After the interview, she told me I'd be a great asset to EF's team, and I never heard from them again. I'm honestly very happy I didn't get the job because of the obvious disorganization, and lack of communication/professionalism with the employees here.

Grocery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Earth Fare (New York, NY).

Interview

Thorough interview and a lot of people were involved in selection process. I enjoyed the process. Everyone was very nice. The company is interested in why you want to work for Earth Fare.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Earth Fare?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Greensboro, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

It was like was being interviewed for first rounds of a corporate job. They asked question like how would I describe myself. They asked questions about my past work. They were quick with hiring me because they were short staffed all the time and needed extra people but when summer started it was hard to get more hours because everyone was available to work

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you worked under pressure   1 Answer

Bakery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

It sucked, they were basically looking for a warm body. They didn't ask me pertinent questions for the position I was interviewing for. I felt like they wanted to make sure I would fit in socially instead of professionally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree Corners, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Earth Fare (Peachtree Corners, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Was emailed a notification stating I should come in any time and speak with a manager for an interview. When I arrived, I was asked to wait at the seated area for her. She came and told me to fill out a paper application. I did and I told her that I had completed the online application as well. She left and came back maybe 20 minutes later and instructed me that the interview manager only takes 1 interview daily and he was already with someone so he would call me the next day. I never heard back. I don't think were as organized as they could have been.