EarthLink Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Dispute Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EarthLink (Rochester, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very fast response time. I submitted my resume and had an e-mail requesting a phone interview the next day. They do fill their positions within 30 days of the posting date. I am a graduate student finishing in December, they told me I would have been a great fit for the position but don't hold the positions open for longer than 30 days.

Implementation Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EarthLink (Vancouver, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter interview and panel interview. Panel interview was mechanical and focused exclusively on specific skills, knowledge and experience. Recruiter interview was broader interview looking for right overall fit.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter focused on customer facing experience and implementation experience. She also focused on the right cultural fit from both perspectives (company's and candidate's)   Answer Question

Trouble Resolution Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EarthLink in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process by the Talent Acquisition group was nothing short of excellent. The person from Rochester was a true professional and caring when it came to EarthLink and the talent matching of opportunities. Then going to Marlboro to meet managers was a great experience and to deal with such passionate folks about their duty was refreshing.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see my career trajectory and the opportunity at EarthLink merging?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EarthLink (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

They have no idea what they want in a candidate. I was called in several times, for several positions and multiple times for the same position. I was even called in three times for an initial screening for one position. The only way I knew I was not the selected candidate was when I saw that the position had been reposted (...it still is open and has been for months for what it's worth). I had gotten the feeling that upper management is afraid of younger candidates. The interviews themselves were very easy, casual and laid back however, I will not be wasting my time with this company ever again.

Service Activation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EarthLink (Rochester, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

interview with the direct supervisor, then phone interview with the hiring manager. they reviewed the job descriptions and qualifications for this position. I described my job experience with the various data bases and switches I've worked in in the repair organization.

Interview Questions

• have experience in 5ESS switches   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rye, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EarthLink (Rye, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Several Interviews with the Regional Director and final phone interview with VP of sales

Interview Questions

• None really all too difficult, just asked for a go to market strategy for first 6 months at Earthlink.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EarthLink (Miami, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

After applying online the company recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. It was a 20 min conversation explaining about the company then she asked only why I am looking to leave my current job and why I would like to work for Earthlink. Right after that she e-mail me setting a personal interview with the sales manager. Most of the questions were kind of technical about their products and after that he was trying to scare me or maybe showing how hard is the job. Talking about this is not a 9-5 job, there is a lot of cold calling, rejection and if I don't reach my goal I would be fired in a few months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EarthLink (Atlanta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

I had a decent phone screen with the Recruiter. I then made it to a F2F meeting with the Hiring Manager. Much of the time was spent with him talking and he acknowledged that. After I asked him some questions, we agreed that I would work on a 30/60/90 plan for my potential territory. I was to take a few days to work on it and he would send me a list of my potential accounts. I believe that the interview was on a Wednesday and that I would follow up with him by Monday. So...I was definitely moving forward with another conversation with him and that is how we left the interview. Surprisingly, I received an email from their Recruiting department the next day stating that they had filled the position with someone that was more qualified. I couldn't believe it. I wasn't too impressed with the opportunity and wasn't surprised that I wasn't the most qualified. I was shocked at the Hiring Manager's commitment to my moving forward in the evaluation process only to be told otherwise the next day. This was one of the least professional interviews that I've had and would not consider working for or with Earthlink again. If you are in Sales, stay away from Earthlink. I couldn't imagine having to trust them with commissions!

Interview Questions

• I don't recall but most questions were fairly basic and not difficult at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EarthLink (Brentwood, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

3 interviews, 1 phone and 2 face to face including last with Regional VP. I was told to send my references to the Branch Manager. She never called any of them, and never contacted me with any status. Weeks of e-mails and voicemails went unreturned. I spoke to HR a month later and was informed that an offer was made to another candidate. The management was absolutely classless and no business acumen or courtesy whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to sustain a full pipeline of prospects over the long run?   Answer Question
    • What are the biggest assets you can bring to this office?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EarthLink (Appleton, WI) in April 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter followed by a 1:1 interview with office manager, followed by phone interview with district manager