EarthLink Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EarthLink Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EarthLink (Vancouver, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process went very well, Scott and Garth asked good and tough questions, which made me feel comfortable and confident when I answered back.

I especially want to thank Tany Gmitter in HR who did not have to but called me on her own time and patiently answered all my questions.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EarthLink (Huntington Beach, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very good and very thorough. Never felt rushed or uncomfortable - everyone has passion for what they do and it showed. Definitely a pleasant experience from the Recruiter to the VP.

Technical Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EarthLink (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very thorough. I sat through several interviews with management and technical teams. The process is designed really well to determine specific qualities and levels of expertise. Having interviews with several different individuals allows the ability to determine personality traits and how a person would fit into a team or group of others performing the same job function.

Interview Questions

• Understanding the job role, please explain how you feel that you would be the best choice for the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was straight forward and was not difficult. The recruiter and I had two general conversations and an agreement was made.

Interview

I interviewed with Tanya out of Rochester, NY. She was a pleasure to speak with and was very helpful throughout the interview process. She continued to stay in contact with me, and I enjoyed speaking with her.

Supervisor - Trouble Resolution Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EarthLink (Rochester, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick, thorough, engaged, and detailed. The recruiter worked very closely with me throughout the process. Always checked in with me to see if I had questions. All details, including benefits and salary,mere discussed in advance. This made the rest of the interview process much more efficient

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anniston, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EarthLink (Anniston, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with Tanya in New York. She was very kind, down to earth, and helpful. I felt like it was more of a conversation rather than an interview, a conversation to help both of us see if EarthLink was the place for me. At first I didn't know what to expect, but after her encouragement, I felt as though were just talking in a conversation. After the phone interview I was extended the opportunity to have an in-person interview. The in-person interview was conducted at the job location and was a very pleasant experience. I was supposed to meet with three managers but instead only met with two. The two I interviewed with were very friendly, open, and really put me at ease during the process. They were very honest about the position and the responsibilities. Overall I would rate the experience very highly. I couldn't have asked for a more positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What are some things that are important to you in a workplace?   Answer Question

Director, Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EarthLink (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Intro, then scaled through leadership and ranks. First meeting was an HR interview, then sales Regional Director, then VP. Interview process was enjoyable in that they didn't require and silly and dated aptitude test with psychological evaluations. Very focused and direct.

Interview Questions

• What is the best strategy for planning and prospecting for new business.
      Tell me about your success and positions that you've excelled in.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiating stage was not difficult. ELNK want the best people so they offer very good compensation. Signing bonuses can be negotiated however I'd go for the stock option if available. This company (ELNK) will be double its value in a year.

Trouble Resolution Spec III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EarthLink (Rochester, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Tanya is great. She recruited me awhile back and the position she had wasn't a good fit. I told her what I was looking for and where I needed to be. A little time later I reached out to her about anything new, that day she contacted about a position that would be a great fit, scheduled the interview for he next day and by the end of business she contacted me with an offer. It couldn't have gone more smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What types of switches I was familiar with.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Anniston, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EarthLink (Anniston, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me about 2 weeks later. We talked on the telephone for aprox. 30-45 min. She scheduled me for an in-house interview a little over a week later (I was leaving on vacation the following day). I interviewed with 3 supervisors. All 3 were very nice and asked me questions about the job and my skills and abilities. The interview lasted about an hour. I was told my recruiter would contact me within a few days if they decided to proceed. She contacted me at the beginning of the following week and I received my offer letter the following day.

IT Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EarthLink (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a screening interview with Tanya in Talent Acquisition promptly after submitting my resume. Tanya clearly explained the role, benefits, and a run down of the company and work environment.

After our conversation, Tanya set up formal interviews with my potential team members within hours. The entire process went extremely smoothly and I was very impressed. Certainly one of the better hiring experiences I've encountered.

Interview Questions

• Describe a few characteristics you are looking for in a new company.   Answer Question