East Carolina University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I was called in for the first interview but not the second. Basic questions were asked. It was a very typical interview. They showed me around the office and I met other current employees. They were kind and easygoing during the process.

Interview Questions

• Can we contact your present employer if selected as a finalist?   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at East Carolina University.

Interview

There were several people conducting the interview of which included experienced resident advisors and residence life coordinators. They would ask questions on conflict resolution, etc. After the interview process the panel would discuss each candidate and provide recommendations, however, it was the coordinator who had the final decision.

Interview Questions

• They gave a scenario and asked how I would have handled it. They question was about a common interpersonal conflict between residents that had no apparent resolution. After a series of questions like these there was just chat to see if I would be a good fit for the current batch of resident advisors.   Answer Question

Facilities Manager/Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Very long systematic interview. Most were of technical nature and behavioral. Applied in Nov 2016 and recieved a call late Feb to interview in Mar 2017. Was a panel interview with 2 asst directors and 1 director. Very in detail interview, they were patient and it was an enjoyable learning experience. It is still in the selection phase but pool of candidates was top notch not sure if I ranked well among them. Still a good learning experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a project from start to finish.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy I was just asked what was my experience with taking apart PCs, and also asked me why did I take apart the PCs. He really just wanted to see if I was worth training or not.

Interview Questions

• Q: If you were a pencil and you were being sharpened, how would you free yourself.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at East Carolina University in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first. Committee of about 8 or so would round robin some questions. Basic HR type questions at first. Then some questions about my work experience and how/if it relates to the position. Some other questions sprinkled in to get a feel for how I work with different types of personalities. Finally a chance for me to ask questions. Got called back for in person interview. Again, it was a panel of about 8 staff. Each dept was represented and they continued to ask round robin style questions. Additional HR style questions were asked. Then it was more focused on my personality and my overall experience I can offer ECU. It could have been intimidating with the committee panel approach, but the process was comfortable and had me at ease. Finished up with a chance for me to ask questions again.

Interview Questions

• They asked "Why do I feel I would be the best candidate for the position?" Both in the phone interview as well as again in the panel interview.   Answer Question

Fitness Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at East Carolina University.

Interview

Got brought in and talked about myself and why I wanted to work there. Very friendly conversation and it didn't last long. Got offered the job and I took it.

Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

My hiring supervisor held the interview in a small private office. He told me about the office and more of what we were looking for, and then asked me about my schedule and how I thought I could fit in with the department. I told him I'm more of a generalist than a specialist, so whatever he needed done I could probably do, especially since there would be only one of me. After that, he told me about the project he needed done and asked me if I felt confident I could do it, to which I did, then proceeded to direct him to my website to identify techniques and concepts he was looking for in my previous work. Got the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with cussing within the office?   1 Answer

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC).

Interview

I received a phone call at 10PM at night which was really unexpected for a random phone interview. Later I was asked to come in for an in person interview with 2 people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

I had to meet with the hiring for the College of Business, and be a College of Business student, as well as hold a 3.0 GPA in undergrad. I only needed to sit down with the hiring manager once before I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What was your undergrad GPA?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at East Carolina University.

Interview

Great, I interview with 1 faculty and 1 staff member. We met in a conference room. They were already familiar with me since I work in the same department.