East Carolina University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

East Carolina University Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.6

Tech Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at East Carolina University in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first. Committee of about 8 or so would round robin some questions. Basic HR type questions at first. Then some questions about my work experience and how/if it relates to the position. Some other questions sprinkled in to get a feel for how I work with different types of personalities. Finally a chance for me to ask questions. Got called back for in person interview. Again, it was a panel of about 8 staff. Each dept was represented and they continued to ask round robin style questions. Additional HR style questions were asked. Then it was more focused on my personality and my overall experience I can offer ECU. It could have been intimidating with the committee panel approach, but the process was comfortable and had me at ease. Finished up with a chance for me to ask questions again.

Interview Questions

• They asked "Why do I feel I would be the best candidate for the position?" Both in the phone interview as well as again in the panel interview.   Answer Question

Fitness Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at East Carolina University.

Interview

Got brought in and talked about myself and why I wanted to work there. Very friendly conversation and it didn't last long. Got offered the job and I took it.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there   1 Answer

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC).

Interview

I received a phone call at 10PM at night which was really unexpected for a random phone interview. Later I was asked to come in for an in person interview with 2 people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

I had to meet with the hiring for the College of Business, and be a College of Business student, as well as hold a 3.0 GPA in undergrad. I only needed to sit down with the hiring manager once before I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What was your undergrad GPA?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at East Carolina University.

Interview

Great, I interview with 1 faculty and 1 staff member. We met in a conference room. They were already familiar with me since I work in the same department.

Chemistry Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online through ECU's career website. The very first day of school I get an email to schedule a meeting to discuss the position. The interview was very relaxed. Simply asked a couple questions about my resume and asked if I wanted the job.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was a fairly easy process. The department chair called me in and asked me about my major and why I wanted to work with her for the project.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC).

Interview

Met with each faculty member for 30-45 minutes with lunch with current PhD students. The faculty members each wanted to discuss their areas of expertise and asked about how I would fit in their lab setting. The students were more open and told me about their experiences in a very honest fashion. The interviews lasted all of one business day and I heard back in a few weeks about the opening.

Interview Questions

• What type of research do you want to conduct here and why did you choose this department?   1 Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at East Carolina University.

Interview

phone interview, asked questions, wasn't too intense, didn't seem to excited. was a pretty good interview. no very long probably like 20 minutes total ... why does this part have to be so long i don't have anything else to say? it wont let be submit it

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Panel phone interview with hiring committee, then was invited to do an in person interview with the committee and other members of the division. Everyone was very friendly, was taken to lunch and shown around town by the director. Was reimbursed for travel expenses. Was told that I should wait three weeks to follow up (for time to complete other interviews), I did, and was told they hadn't made a decision yet. The job was posted in December, I applied in January, was contacted in February to set up phone interview. Phone interview was March 2, in person interview was April 6, and I received the e-mail saying another candidate was selected on May 11. The lengthy in the dark process was very frustrating and unprofessional in my opinion (and very abnormal according to experienced professionals I asked), if the committee was facing some issue with the process moving forward they should have notified the candidates.