East Carolina University Interview Questions in North Carolina | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.5

Facilities Manager/Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Very long systematic interview. Most were of technical nature and behavioral. Applied in Nov 2016 and recieved a call late Feb to interview in Mar 2017. Was a panel interview with 2 asst directors and 1 director. Very in detail interview, they were patient and it was an enjoyable learning experience. It is still in the selection phase but pool of candidates was top notch not sure if I ranked well among them. Still a good learning experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a project from start to finish.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy I was just asked what was my experience with taking apart PCs, and also asked me why did I take apart the PCs. He really just wanted to see if I was worth training or not.

Interview Questions

• Q: If you were a pencil and you were being sharpened, how would you free yourself.   1 Answer

Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

My hiring supervisor held the interview in a small private office. He told me about the office and more of what we were looking for, and then asked me about my schedule and how I thought I could fit in with the department. I told him I'm more of a generalist than a specialist, so whatever he needed done I could probably do, especially since there would be only one of me. After that, he told me about the project he needed done and asked me if I felt confident I could do it, to which I did, then proceeded to direct him to my website to identify techniques and concepts he was looking for in my previous work. Got the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with cussing within the office?   1 Answer

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC).

Interview

I received a phone call at 10PM at night which was really unexpected for a random phone interview. Later I was asked to come in for an in person interview with 2 people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Chemistry Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online through ECU's career website. The very first day of school I get an email to schedule a meeting to discuss the position. The interview was very relaxed. Simply asked a couple questions about my resume and asked if I wanted the job.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was a fairly easy process. The department chair called me in and asked me about my major and why I wanted to work with her for the project.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC).

Interview

Met with each faculty member for 30-45 minutes with lunch with current PhD students. The faculty members each wanted to discuss their areas of expertise and asked about how I would fit in their lab setting. The students were more open and told me about their experiences in a very honest fashion. The interviews lasted all of one business day and I heard back in a few weeks about the opening.

Interview Questions

• What type of research do you want to conduct here and why did you choose this department?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Panel phone interview with hiring committee, then was invited to do an in person interview with the committee and other members of the division. Everyone was very friendly, was taken to lunch and shown around town by the director. Was reimbursed for travel expenses. Was told that I should wait three weeks to follow up (for time to complete other interviews), I did, and was told they hadn't made a decision yet. The job was posted in December, I applied in January, was contacted in February to set up phone interview. Phone interview was March 2, in person interview was April 6, and I received the e-mail saying another candidate was selected on May 11. The lengthy in the dark process was very frustrating and unprofessional in my opinion (and very abnormal according to experienced professionals I asked), if the committee was facing some issue with the process moving forward they should have notified the candidates.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC).

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard: a phone screen, followed by an in-person interview. Unfortunately, this was an "internal hire".. but they still advertised the position and had to fly out potential candidates (as I later found out from someone within). Very disappointing and a complete waste of my time.

Getting reimbursed for the interview expenses took about five (!) months. Despite doing everything that was asked (filling out the necessary forms.. more forms, providing receipts and detailed credit card statements), the reimbursement stalled at every possible point. I felt like I had to babysit the process every step of the way and contact numerous departments on my own.

Since this is a state school, the impression that I got was that no one really takes their job seriously. They are simply going through the motions and doing the absolute minimum—just enough to not get fired. If you are passionate about teaching, hate bureaucracy, and value your sanity—stay away.

Interview Questions

• East Carolina has a lot of first-generation students that come from farmer families with limited educational backgrounds. How would you handle the disparity between the students in your classroom?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

asked questions and I replied it was very straight forwards and the interviewers were very helpful. Research the position before you go in for the interview. Make sure you dress professional, it was me and another girl for an interview there but I dressed professional and she didnt which resulted in me getting the position