East Tennessee State Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.4

Adjunct Marketing Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at East Tennessee State (Johnson City, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

I made a phone call to the College of Business and Technology Chairperson. I personally sold myself and asked to teach for ETSU when I graduated. He asked me to send my professional portfolio. I complied sending electronically. I made another phone call in a couple of two weeks. We had conversation. He agreed to let me teach post graduation. I would be assigned either Marketing Principles, Fundamentals of Distribution, or Consumer Behavior. I met in March 2015 on campus. This was a very casual yet highly professional believing and affirming of my credentialing meeting. He gave me a copy of a syllabus and a Marketing textbook. As soon as I graduated May 2015 on a Saturday, I started course development of Marketing Principles on campus.

Video Scout Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at East Tennessee State (Hudson, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

I received a call from one of the directors of the business and they asked me about my knowledge and background in football. They also wanted to know why I got into the sport.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a career in sports, specifically football?   1 Answer

Educational Advisor (TRIO) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at East Tennessee State (Johnson City, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied and received a request for an interview about a month later. It was a panel with three people. They took turns asking questions. Also, I was given an "interview task" to complete prior to the interview.
    I was told that the process would take a few weeks and that I would hear something either way. It has now been over a month and I have emailed 2/3 of the people who interviewed me- neither one responded. Honestly, that was pretty disappointing because I genuinely thought they had more professionalism than that.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a tutor who is consistently late and often doesn't stay for the full hour as required?   Answer Question

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at East Tennessee State (Johnson City, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

It is a panel interview and it is standard to most interviews. You will meet with a selected panel of available managers from HR, office management, and faculty. The questions are standard and the same that you would expect.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at East Tennessee State (Johnson City, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was basically about telling the interviewer about my self and my on the job experience, questions were also asked about my background on conducting research. The interview was conducted in a relaxed mood as I have been corresponding with the faculties prior to the interview date. I had to be there ahead of time as punctuality goes a long way in creating a great impression about you to your prospective employer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my self and my on the job experience, questions were also asked about my background on conducting research.   Answer Question

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at East Tennessee State (Johnson City, TN) in August 2012.

Interview

Very simple. asked basic questions and wanted to see sample work. Asked if I had time to devote to the organization several times. The editor was friendly and helpful. The whole environment was comfortable and I felt like I could be myself.

University Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at East Tennessee State (Johnson City, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

I was recommended to the director of marketing for the position. We met in her office and talked about my previous works, my future goals and what I would like to work on while I was there and when I was available to work. The whole conversation only lasted about 8 minutes but it was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to work, ideally?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at East Tennessee State (Johnson City, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

After applying to the university, I looked for a teaching/research position. The university application was a normal process. Then I contacted my department to talk to them about getting a teaching position. There was no real interview process that I can recall

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember any specific question, it seemed that most of the graduate students were assistants.   Answer Question

Gift Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at East Tennessee State (Johnson City, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

This was an internal interview, and consisted of the original application and a single interview. Of course, I had been working there as a temp for years, so I was already known. The interview consisted of myself and a panel of supervisors in the suite. Each supervisor took turns asking me questions about myself and how I would handle things.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would apply to be the supervisor of the unit if you were given the opportunity?   Answer Question

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at East Tennessee State (Johnson City, TN) in December 2009.

Interview

Generally professional but did not feel like I fit the institution so would have seriously considered offer but maydeclined based on additional information.