East Tennessee State Interview Questions in Johnson City, TN | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.2

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at East Tennessee State (Johnson City, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was basically about telling the interviewer about my self and my on the job experience, questions were also asked about my background on conducting research. The interview was conducted in a relaxed mood as I have been corresponding with the faculties prior to the interview date. I had to be there ahead of time as punctuality goes a long way in creating a great impression about you to your prospective employer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my self and my on the job experience, questions were also asked about my background on conducting research.   Answer Question

University Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at East Tennessee State (Johnson City, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

I was recommended to the director of marketing for the position. We met in her office and talked about my previous works, my future goals and what I would like to work on while I was there and when I was available to work. The whole conversation only lasted about 8 minutes but it was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to work, ideally?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Gift Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at East Tennessee State (Johnson City, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

This was an internal interview, and consisted of the original application and a single interview. Of course, I had been working there as a temp for years, so I was already known. The interview consisted of myself and a panel of supervisors in the suite. Each supervisor took turns asking me questions about myself and how I would handle things.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would apply to be the supervisor of the unit if you were given the opportunity?   Answer Question

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at East Tennessee State (Johnson City, TN) in August 2012.

Interview

Very simple. asked basic questions and wanted to see sample work. Asked if I had time to devote to the organization several times. The editor was friendly and helpful. The whole environment was comfortable and I felt like I could be myself.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at East Tennessee State (Johnson City, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

After applying to the university, I looked for a teaching/research position. The university application was a normal process. Then I contacted my department to talk to them about getting a teaching position. There was no real interview process that I can recall

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember any specific question, it seemed that most of the graduate students were assistants.   Answer Question

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at East Tennessee State (Johnson City, TN) in December 2009.

Interview

Generally professional but did not feel like I fit the institution so would have seriously considered offer but maydeclined based on additional information.