East West Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at East West Bank (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

interviewed with 3 key employees, they asked extensive questions about previous experiences and any license/degrees you have. They are very focused on your credentials. Then they asked what you know about their company, basic things that you can find on their website. I had to take a personality test and a skills test at HR. They were super fast with an offer, not even 2 weeks.

BSA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at East West Bank (Pasadena, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Preliminary interview over the phone with recruiter and in person interview was ok. However, the follow up process after that to find out if you are still in the process was horrible. I had to reach out the recruiter for a follow up, finding out the pay range was not aligned with what we had discussed in our conversation. They look for experienced associates but at the end they are not willing to pay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current position and what you do?   1 Answer

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at East West Bank (Pasadena, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Three interviews: first on phone, then with the entire team, then with management. The phone interview is basically a normal interview so they get an idea of who you are and gives you an opportunity to explain your background. The second interview has the entire team testing your skills, knowledge, and your methodology. The third interview basically gives you an idea of the corporate culture they have there and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• If you could design your own network from scratch, without any limitations (monetary or arbitrary management decisions-wise) besides it being secure and functional, how would you design it?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at East West Bank.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and enjoyable. The process included 2 rounds of interviews. The team provided many details on the Bank and their personal experiences working there.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were related to my professional background and personality. This included both technical experience questions and behavioral questions. The interview process also included submitting a writing sample.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at East West Bank (North El Monte, CA).

Interview

For additional purposes of anonymity, names, times, and dates have been changed:

Recruiter contacted me and invited to an in-person interview with several members of their management team at the VP/FVP/Director level etc. Upon arriving, I was greeted by an extremely rude receptionist.

I told the receptionist I had a 10:00 appointment with John. She gave me the stink-eye and glared at me for a few moments looking extremely confused. I thought perhaps there's more than one John, so I clarified. "I have a 10AM appointment with John Doe." Still, got the stink-eye and continued glaring, with absolutely no response, no verbal acknowledgement, and no change in her body language from her for a few moments. "Who?". I again respond "John Doe." And again, she gives me some confused look as if I've just answered her in some foreign language. After a few moments of me continuing to smile and being positive/cheerful through this uncomfortable several moments of her glaring at me, I was then asked to sign in. I proceed to grab a pen and begin to sign in on the blank sign-in sheets on the counter. "Not there" she states. She proceeds to give me the exact same blank forms from her desk. "Sign this one." As I'm signing in, I ask her "how are you today?" No response. We're the only two people around. I wait a few moments as I figure perhaps she didn't hear me or thought I was talking to someone else. I ask again "how are you doing today?" Still, no response as she continued to blatantly ignore me. She turns her head, and I see no bluetooth headset in her ears, so she wasn't on a phone call.

After I sign in and hand the papers back to her, she again asks me who I'm meeting with. Again I respond "John Doe". Again, she continues to glare at me as if I have three heads, looking extremely confused, before asking: "Who else are you meeting with?" I respond: "Jane Doe and Jonathan Doe". Again, an extremely confused look on her face. "Take a seat, he'll be with you in a moment"

Meeting with the first manager/VP went extremely well. I'm led into a second room to meet with the next few people, more VP's/Directors. As we're waiting, I make small talk with the VP whose office we are using. Everything seemed to go well until this second-round interview officially got underway.

I was asked to describe my daily tasks and responsibilities. After I answered, the VP must have thought I was lying. (The scope and depth of my job is far outside the norms of a traditional role based on my job title.) She starts making up facts to counter my "lies". It's unfortunate that body language can't be captured here, but the tone of the conversation was something like this:

VP: Your company is the largest producer of this product segment in the entire United States. You're telling me you do all of that for your entire company? That seems unlikely
    Me: Actually, our department is quite small
    VP: No, I know your company is one of the largest producers of this product
    Me: Our company may be big, but this product segment is relatively small. Here are our numbers.
    VP: So you're telling me you review all products for every single person in the United States? That seems unlikely
    Me: Well again, we only produce X number of units per month, and I am one of X team members who does it
    VP: Right, well, that SOUNDS good (rolls eyes)

She then continued to say "that SOUNDS good" sarcastically throughout the remainder of the interview, which tells me she must have thought I was full of it. I kept things professional throughout the interview, but it was pretty obvious that she had already made up her mind that she thought I was liar because clearly, it's impossible for someone with only single-digit years of experience to be that good.

The recruiter contacted me afterwards to see how things went. I told him I would be more than happy to send a copy of my job description as support and evidence that my job scope and depth is what I said it was.

Bottom line: apparently I made the mistake of being truthful. If you are young and talented, and also depending on who you interview with, perhaps the best course of action would be to down-play your true knowledge, experience, skills, and abilities so that you don't run the chance of one of your interviewers thinking you're a liar.

In-Store Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at East West Bank (Fremont, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The whole process took around three weeks. Phone screen first and two around on-site interview. Basic questions. No trick at all. The manager told me directly at the end of the second round interview that she's gonna hire me. HR contacted me a week later for an oral offer, and the formal offer came in two weeks.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at East West Bank (Pasadena, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter. In person interviews with hiring manager and head of the department. After 3 separate interviews, they indicated they would be putting together an offer for me. However, I never heard from them again. Not even a "no thank you" email. Nothing.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at East West Bank.

Interview

Write a CCR during in-person interview, given 60 minutes. Needed to dissect appraisal report and do your best to recreate the collateral section of the write-up. Discussed your work after hour is up.

Business Continuity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at East West Bank in July 2016.

Interview

I went through a phone interview twice and one face to face interview. I meet with the managers and the other team members. It was a great opportunity to undetstand the company's culture and what to expect.

COMMERCIAL LINE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at East West Bank (Pasadena, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied the position though a recruiter. It took 2 weeks I got the phone call from the hiring manager and she asked me to do the assessment. After another two weeks, I received the email from hiring manager to schedule an interview at following week. Negative experience due to their employee told me they hardly to get the clients and finish the sales goals as well as a lots of employees quit the job. However, their store manager,director and hiring manager just told that their store is division of EWB, and has too many customer bases. Also, their employees said they must flatter to bankers, if not, they could not get the referral from bank.

Interview Questions

• Asked the background. Current the position and job duty. Asked how to sell insurance to customer,for example.   Answer Question