East West Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

East West Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at East West Bank.

Interview

The interview was relaxing and enjoyable. I met with store manager and the SVP at their store. They were both friendly to me. They asked me about my background, skill set, and future planning. All questions were straightforward and easy. They were also very helpful answering my questions. The interview was definitely a pleasure experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength and weakness? How do you handle a upset client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at East West Bank (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

At first, got a call from the recruiter for a phone-screening. Then, had to do an online test for assessment. Last step is to go into the branch for an in-person interview. All of these steps only took about 14 days in my case, the interview was very easy, as long as if you know how to handle it without showing that you are nervous. The in person interview was very casual, but I was interviewed with 3 people, Branch Manager, 2 Assistant Managers.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years, tell me about yourself, and why you left your current job?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst - Treasury Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at East West Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and got the first phone interview from HR, focusing on background question. And she scheduled for the first-round face-to-face interview. The interviewers are very nice however, I do not think I perform well. They asked many questions about your skills and past experience.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at East West Bank in May 2015.

Interview

One of the HR people emailed me to arrange an initiate phone interview. The phone interview was brief and easy. After the phone screening, I need to do couple online assessment tests. The tests were time consuming and intense. I spent about 1 hour and a half for the whole online assessment thing.

QC Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at East West Bank (El Monte, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview for a QC Underwriter position on April 10th which should have been a panel interview with 3 people. I arrived early to the interview to ensure I was on time as i respect peoples times as i have been in their shoes before and understand the work load of a bank. When i arrived i was greeted by different employees which made me feel happy because they were attentive and that is something good for the company. After a few minutes one of the interviewers came out to greet me and advised that due to scheduling conflicts i will interview 3 separate times. I did not object as i do understand that things come up however i do not think when the appointment was set up that they scheduled appropriately. Each interview took anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes. Again i was fine with the separate interviews however it was not appropriate to make me wait 20 minutes each interview. I was at the bank interviewing for almost 3 hours. With all this, I thought I gave my 100% with proving my track record of starting up a Quality control team with my previous employer which is basically what this job was. I thought the interviews went well with each one. Based on their responses they are looking to hire about 3 to 4 people depending on salary. After 2 weeks, I called the recruiter and left her a message as a follow up to the position. After almost a week of no call back i emailed her. Another week went by and i emailed again with no response. After several attempts to contact the recruiter and one of the interviewers, I finally heard back a month and 3 days after my interview. I sent an email as a follow up to the recruiter on May 13th at 12:41 pm requesting status and at 12:57pm i received a response advising that they are not moving forward. Its odd that she was able to respond that quick to this final email but what happened to the other attempts. This is called lack of communication and that is scary to know that a bank personnel has such lack of respect for people. I am very disappointed that not one person had the respect enough to respond with the status of the position. This is not appropriate especially as a bank. If this is how they conduct business with potential employees how do they handle customers.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in Quality Control?   1 Answer
    • How would you recommend for our QC department to controlled?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at East West Bank (El Monte, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Friendly yet professional interview.
    It was with a Vice President of the department in which was short.
    The interview lasted for about 40 minutes before the HR contacted me about a week later.

Loan Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at East West Bank.

Interview

Very short. Interest in knowing your personal life than your business skills.
    My contribution here: If you know some one in higher position/ or you were recommended by some one who has a higher position, please tell the person who interview you because the chance to get hired is 98%.

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at East West Bank (Pasadena, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was referred to by a friend. The interview process was simple and easy. HR contacted my asked me basic questions, and then had me to an assessment test, which basically tested on how detailed oriented you are. It is timed, but you do not have to finished it. I would just say focus on getting your answers right. Then they processed to have me sign a contract.

In Store Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at East West Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. I applied online and got a call from the recruiter and scheduled an interview the following week. Got asked the typical interview questions. Met with the supervisor and assistant manager and got the offer the next following week. Overall it was a pretty quick process, but probably because I am asian and I speak their language. I did not see any non asians working at that branch though so maybe they do not interview non asians for the retail branches.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself in 5 years? Why did you pick East West Bank?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at East West Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very simple. HR calls you and if they like you they will set you up with a branch manager or flotaer representative. After the interview, HR will call you if they want to hire you. Basic process. Extremely simple.